Default stock photo editing app missing [LG G4]

jewels3000

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Can someone please help me.
Is it possible to continue using the LG stock photo editing app but also use Google Photos for backup?
Before updating to MM, I had a work around to revert back to the stock editing app from the standard google one but it doesnt seem to work anymore. I'm stuck with the basic Google one and can't get back to LG.
Really love the stock app and really hope this is possible.
Thanks in advance..

Last edited:

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
sure, Google will save both the original and the edited one. I do it all the time. When you open the photo select "Gallery" instead of "Photos"

jewels3000

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
That's Jim. I'm sure i selected that when i got my phone back the other day from a boot loop repair grrr.

However it has gone back to the Google one. I can't see there are any defaults to clear to get back to that option.

Any ideas? This is so annoying!

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
go to Settings>Application manager> tap the 3 dots upper right and select "Reset app preferences" OR if you don't want to set everything to default ... Settings>Application manager>Photos>Open by default>Clear defaults

Last edited:

jewels3000

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I reset app preferences. Went back to a photo to edit but didn't get the option to choose gallery or photos which is odd. I'm stuck with the basic editor :-(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance