Problem Installing Some Apps [error code 505-LG G4 Marshmallow]

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
After the upgrade to MM, I have had a number of apps fail to install with an error code of 505. After trying to research this, it appears to be a generic code and not really helpful. (This is not happening with all apps, just a small number of them.)

Have others been having problems with installing some apps?

Thanks.
Steve

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Is that an HTTP error indicating a server-side download problem?
Or, is that from the install process after the download?

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me before on a previous phone after doing a hard reset and trying to reinstall my apps.

You need to delete the apps path/folder from your SD memory card and try to reinstall from the play store. Should work fine after that.

David

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

What do you mean by the "apps path/folder"? I don't see such a folder on my SD memory card or Internal Memory.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have been having this issue as well. I actually get the error code when an already installed app tries to update (I have automatic updates turned on). Not all of them, just a few (Amazon Shopping and The Score are two of them). Couldn't update them, so I deleted them, and now can't reinstall them. Started after the MM update (I am on Verizon). Frustrating.

Last edited:

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a similar problem with Mixcloud. It won't update - I receive a 505 error when I try. When I deleted and tried to reinstall, I got the same error. I had to revert all the way back to an old version of the app to even be able to reinstall, but still can't update.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a problem since Marshmallow. Is it the app developers that have to catch up or is it a problem with MM?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a G4 which she got the same time as me. Has been updated at the same time as mine. She is not having the 505 issue and is able to install apps that I cannot install. More to ponder!

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm.... started happening to me today. Have had several apps update fine since I got the MM update on my Verizon G4, but all of a sudden, I started getting the 505 error today when some of my apps tried to update.

David

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem unlocked google nexus 6 running MM 6.01 don't feel like doing a reset and having to reinstall everything

update: finally found the problem - since google saw my other 2 phones it was trying to reinstall on one of those which were both turned off - so went on my computer back to the play store and choose the app and then chose to install on the nexus and voila - it finally installed no problems so check your google account to make sure it is trying to install on the correct phone - also I removed the app from the other 2 phones

Last edited:

hk3

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
After the upgrade to MM, I have had a number of apps fail to install with an error code of 505. After trying to research this, it appears to be a generic code and not really helpful. (This is not happening with all apps, just a small number of them.)

Have others been having problems with installing some apps?

Thanks.
Steve

Dunno much but my errors stopped when I went into settings and turned location off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac