Just wondering if i should update to 6.0i have been hearing allot of negative talk about it?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-02-2016 10:31 PM
    For me, the ability to control app permissions individually was worth updating to Marshmallow even with a couple of the negatives. I still have not done a factory reset but I might at some point to see if it clears up things.
    03-03-2016 08:19 AM
    I would wait. My G4 battery life is much worse than it was before this update. I can't stand it! I used to go all day, with medium usage and by 6pm, still have 30-40% battery left. I monitored it closely yesterday and by 6:30, I had 14%.
    It's like every time I turn the screen on, the battery has dropped a percent. I wish I could revert back to Lollipop. None of the "upgrades" with Marshmallow are worth the horrible battery life.
    On top of that, the update in November (Verizon VS98613B) had finally fixed my issue where Gmail would not sync automatically on WiFi. Whatever they changed, suddenly my emails were coming in real time. Now...I'm back to having to manually refresh my inbox, where I'll get a bunch of emails at once with time stamps from hours ago.
    Really hating this update.
    03-03-2016 09:39 AM
    Just wondering if i should update to 6.0i have been hearing allot of negative talk about it?

Think the simple answer is, if 6.0 has something you want, upgrade. If it's got nothing you want, & LL gives you everything you need, leave it a while.

I've got used to using Google Now on Tap a lot since 6.0 & really like it so wouldn't want to go back - others may never bother using this (or other) enhancements. Having apps permissions is, for example, a great idea but, personally, I haven't altered a single permission.

I'll put my hand on heart and say that, whilst MM has little in the way of 'must-haves', it has absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. Plenty of people are reporting problems but I'm convinced that's because many apps haven't yet been optimised for MM. If you have gazillions of apps, you may well run into issues; if you stick to the essential apps from the trusted developers, you almost certainly won't.

Edit P.S: Should add that my phone is unlocked. If you are talking about a specific carrier's interpretation, you should perhaps make that clear in your post title.
    03-03-2016 11:30 AM
    I upgraded and then downgraded back to lollipop. I think the only way to get over the battery issue that so many people are experiencing is to factory reset with no backup and then just manually install every app which sucks. Also the 6 knock code is annoying. Loved the 4 knocks since I can do that without looking. Other stuff I don't know if it's worth the hassle of redoing everything
    03-03-2016 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks helped allot

03-03-2016 07:19 PM
    Just to add my two cents quickly. I've had absolutely no issues since upgrading to Marshmallow. None. I did, however, do a a reset and started from scratch. Not because I had to, but because I wanted to.
    03-03-2016 09:42 PM
    The first week after the update, my battery life was something in the range of 10-11 hours total battery life and ~5 hours SoT.

Now, about two and a half weeks since the upgrade, GSam says 13 H 34 M average per fulll charge and 5 H 40 M SoT.

So, it's made up a lot of ground after the first week (especially since that data is still pulling the averages down).

I had some other issues after the install as well. I did a FDR (which I avoid and resent as a rule) and since then no issues I can think of with MM. I restored my apps and data with LG Backup after the FDR.

I say upgrade.
    03-03-2016 11:29 PM
    By the way, I did my FDR two days after the MM update. I didn't see any battery drain change after that, until I hit the week mark (installed MM on Tue 2/16 and then on Wed 2/24 it was like someone flipped a switch). So, my battery seemingly had no improvement from my FDR. Others have posted that their battery life improved after a week, as well.
    03-03-2016 11:34 PM
    I updated 4 weeks ago. My greatest problem is the changed way to include the sdcard (not as internal memory). So many apps (esp navigation apps...) can't move data to the card! So many devs must look at the new extsd path to fix this problems.
    03-04-2016 02:43 AM
    definitely you should... or no, get the latest android n which will be rolled out. Haha
    03-04-2016 03:48 AM
    I hate the MM update! I get about 5 hours on a full charge! I have to fully charge three times a day in order to use my phone!
    Don't do it.
    On VZW
    03-04-2016 08:16 AM
    I hate the MM update! I get about 5 hours on a full charge! I have to fully charge three times a day in order to use my phone!
    Don't do it.
    On VZW
    That is not normal at all....unless your battery life is taxied from age? Otherwise, something is sucking your battery down and needs to be reset. Did you do a factory reset? I would if you have such drastic change in battery life from Lolli to M.
    03-04-2016 09:15 AM
    it's the system logd issue eating your battery. Hard to fix without root. Hurts some phones, not all. I can't stand my phone since i installed 6

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...battery_drain/
    03-04-2016 03:48 PM