LG G4 motherboard defect h815, can I get some help?

HusaynM

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Lg g4 motherboard defect h815

Hello android lovers, last September 2015 i purchased a brand new LG G4 H815 on ebay from tropical_mobile where everything was fine till 1st January 2016. While unlocking my phone, i found half of the screen had some pixel distortion. I reboot the mobile, and the screen remain black until today. I contacted the seller, she said to ship it back, but not providing me the shipping details. She asked me to ship it for warranty claim.

Its already 3 months since my talking to her. she recently asked me when i bought the mobile with her. I guess she is waiting for my warranty period to be over.

I went to a local LG store, where they diagnose that it came with a defect motherboard.

Can anyone help me?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lg g4 motherboard defect h815

Ask them to fix it.

Chances are, they may assume that it's related to the bootlooping issue and will fix it under warranty for no charge assuming it's under LG's warranty.

HusaynM

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Thanks but am unable to ship it back, since the seller is not providing me with shipping details and i can't even complain to ebay :(

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Check online listings.

However, try purchasing stuff from trusted retailers, even on eBay in the future. Just a tip.

HusaynM

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site

Yes thats what the seller mentioned , 12 months of manufacturer warranty.

She asked me to ship it back, however she haven't provided me with the shipping address nor a return label.
'
How should i proceed, whenever i contact her , her answer is always 'let me check'.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Yes thats what the seller mentioned , 12 months of manufacturer warranty.

She asked me to ship it back, however she haven't provided me with the shipping address nor a return label.
'
How should i proceed, whenever i contact her , her answer is always 'let me check'.

Tell LG that the seller isn't honoring the warranty. Even if grey market they still may help you.

tomi_cent456

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Hello Husayn,

I have the same problem. I bought my LG G4 from the same store on eBay, tropical_mobile in August, 2015. Now it is stuck on boot, and it needs a motherboard replacement. I tried contacting them for to deal a return, but that girl that writes me back, Emily, keeps avoiding to call me and deal about the details and how should I repair this. I tried contacting LG directly, I described my problem, they offer a repair, but the source country of the phone I bought is Taiwan, and I need to send it there for a repair. The sending is not a problem, but the problem is that they will need to replace the motherboard of the phone, and that means the new motherboard will have new IMEI, which can cause problems when the phone will be sent to exit their country at customs.

I don't know where to buy new motherboard, it is hard to find one. If I have some, I can replace it by myself. How did you handled your problem?

Amyo Kabir

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
My LG G4 H815 has same issue from same eBay vendor tropical_mobile. Not sure what to do. My mobile has same boot loop issue from middle of the last month. Bought it August 7, 2015.
Any updated will be useful.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If u have the boot loop issue after one year, does LG still fix or replace? Thought I read they extended that part of the warranty due to it being a know issue.

Just curious, because I bought mine in September, so the 1 year mark is fast approaching.

Oceanic16

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I also purchased my G4 H815 from tropical_mobile and dealt with Emily. I purchased it in March 2016. She acknowledged that older models have the bootloop issue and she made sure I got a newer model manufactured in January with no issues.