Running Verizon G4 with Marshmallow. I cant find the setting to set default apps. I see it on my N6 carrier free Marshmallow....but not this crapware infested G4 lol. Must be a "verizon hand in the cookie jar" again deal?

Old settings were taping the gear setting in the apps setting area then getting the list to select or deselect. But now I do not have a gear setting (only 3 dot one) in the "application manager" and do not see anything but "reset default apps". I do not want to tap it and actually reset everything.....not sure that is what happens if selecting this?
    03-09-2016 10:33 AM
    Under settings and general at the bottom there is the default for messaging for the home it is under display and is the first option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-09-2016 11:21 AM
    Well I don't know about verizon's version, but on my AT&T G4, if you tap the "Reset Default Apps" option, it will give you the list of apps that have defaults and a button next to each to "clear" the default.
    03-09-2016 12:03 PM
    Well I don't know about verizon's version, but on my AT&T G4, if you tap the "Reset Default Apps" option, it will give you the list of apps that have defaults and a button next to each to "clear" the default.
    Cool...thanks LC ...I just didn't want to reset all defaults if taping past that point.

Under settings and general at the bottom there is the default for messaging for the home it is under display and is the first option.
    Posted via the Android Central App
    I keep reading some state "in the General" of the settings menu. I have no such word the settings any where....lol But I have only used this Verizon G4 with Marshmallow/Nova L. It only had Lolli on it for a few hours before it updated so I do not recall if General was a category in the settings.

What version android OS and carrier do you have Lbucha?
    03-09-2016 06:06 PM