Volume keys not working on lock screen

anon(8208347)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Only had my G4 a week, and I've just noticed that the volume keys do not do anything on the lock screen, I have to unlock the phone to adjust the volume. I cannot imagine this is normal, anybody else have this problem?

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Only had my G4 a week, and I've just noticed that the volume keys do not do anything on the lock screen, I have to unlock the phone to adjust the volume. I cannot imagine this is normal, anybody else have this problem?

Only thing that works on the lock screen if enabled is Double tap volume down for Camera and Quickshot and then Double tap up volume for Quicknote+

Other then that If my phone is locked I don't want someone playing tricks on me and making it go silent :p

anon(8208347)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Only thing that works on the lock screen if enabled is Double tap volume down for Camera and Quickshot and then Double tap up volume for Quicknote+

Other then that If my phone is locked I don't want someone playing tricks on me and making it go silent :p
I find that really odd, every other phone I've owned allows it. As long as its normal G4 behaviour though its not really an issue.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I find that really odd, every other phone I've owned allows it. As long as its normal G4 behaviour though its not really an issue.

It is odd but It does the same on my sister's in law LG-G4 I guess LG derped lol

It's not a biggie for me either although nice but I can see it being a problem cause if the phone is facing up and the buttons facing down

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is like this too, and it's frustrating. I often go in and out of locations where I want my phone on vibrate mode and hate having to fully unlock my phone every time. I'm still use to volume adjustments being possible from the lock screen like on my past phones.

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just checked... not only is it like this on the LG G4, but my Samsung Galaxy s4 is also like this. FWIW, on the lock screen, you can open the Android notifications tray (swipe down from the top), and the volume slider will be there. On the LG G4, tap the left button to toggle mute, vibrate, normal. On the gs4, you can use the volume rocker buttons.

On the LG G4, pressing up seems to bring up the camera and automatically take a picture immediately :confused: I gotta figure out if those are "shortcuts" and how they're binded.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
On the LG G4, pressing up seems to bring up the camera and automatically take a picture immediately :confused: I gotta figure out if those are "shortcuts" and how they're binded.

Go to the main settings. Under the system heading is an option for shortcut keys. That takes you to the volume button shortcut settings for the camera and I think quick note. I don't use them.