LG G4 Possible water damage?

A

AC Question

My LG G4 recently stopped working and I was wondering if it was water damage. Even though the liquid indicator on it is still white (not red/pink), is there a chance that it could still be damaged by water? I left it in the shower and some water droplets might have landed on it and that's it. It worked for the whole day after that, but the next day mid-afternoon, the screen turned black and went on a constant rebooting cycle. I already went to my T-Mobile store and they confirmed that it wasn't a problem with the battery. I still have warranty on the phone, but if they find out that it was water damage, how much would I be charged for?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My LG G4 recently stopped working and I was wondering if it was water damage. Even though the liquid indicator on it is still white (not red/pink), is there a chance that it could still be damaged by water? I left it in the shower and some water droplets might have landed on it and that's it. It worked for the whole day after that, but the next day mid-afternoon, the screen turned black and went on a constant rebooting cycle. I already went to my T-Mobile store and they confirmed that it wasn't a problem with the battery. I still have warranty on the phone, but if they find out that it was water damage, how much would I be charged for?

Are you an early G4 owner? what are the first four serial numbers of your phone? 505 or 506 are examples of earlier production runs.

Jewlies

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
My serial number does start with 505. It is quite unfortunate. I had to pay a $20 processing fee for T-Mobile for LG to ship me a new phone, and me shipping my phone back. :( -Thread Owner

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My serial number does start with 505. It is quite unfortunate. I had to pay a $20 processing fee for T-Mobile for LG to ship me a new phone, and me shipping my phone back. :( -Thread Owner

I suggest you call T-Mobile and explain it is a known problem and you should be credited back the $20 fee. LG has admitted there is a problem. If they are of no help speak to a supervisor. Being extra friendly always is the best way to go.

I'm using a 505 SN too. No problems ... so far.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech