Punted - T-Mobile Serial # 505xxxxxxxx - replacement

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I called T-Mobile regarding my battery issues with Marshmallow, and also a new problem - calls have been dropping. The tech reluctantly admitted that there is a problem with the early manufactured G4's (I have 505). I explained that I did a factory reset and she agreed to send a replacement and will arrive on Monday or Tuesday, and was assured it will not be one of the "bad" serial numbers. Not sure if it will be new or refurb. If Lolliopop (I hope) I won't be upgrading to Marshmallow until 6.01 comes out.

T-Mobile users that got a replacement G4 recently - what did you get?

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me ID the SN on my G4? Unlike the brand-new ones, the labeling on this refurbished one (through Asurion) was different.

RandyOhio

May 3, 2015
Visit site
They have a large supply of 505s coming back in with the bootloop issue. I first sent my phone to LG directly to be "fixed". They returned my original phone with a new memory module. It didn't work upon receipt. I tried the T-Mobile route next. They sent out a refurb 505 model on lollipop. Starting the phone immediately set off the MM update. Then that developed a WiFi problem. Tried to got another sent out, but they made me do a reset. Things improved after that. Phone looked like new when it arrived. Sadly I owe more on it than a new one costs. Hope it makes it for another 15 months. LG is controlling the returned handsets, even from T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
They have a large supply of 505s coming back in with the bootloop issue. I first sent my phone to LG directly to be "fixed". They returned my original phone with a new memory module. It didn't work upon receipt. I tried the T-Mobile route next. They sent out a refurb 505 model on lollipop. Starting the phone immediately set off the MM update. Then that developed a WiFi problem. Tried to got another sent out, but they made me do a reset. Things improved after that. Phone looked like new when it arrived. Sadly I owe more on it than a new one costs. Hope it makes it for another 15 months. LG is controlling the returned handsets, even from T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

I hope my replacement phone has Lollipop. MM just isn't worth it for now - the latest T-Mobile update at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power