Google Contacts Not syncing

Dub95PP

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2015 LG G4. I have discovered an error message in the last week that states "Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly." Initially it seems that some of my data was affected, but I was able to successfully sync that. My contacts still show the error message. Is anyone else having this issue, and have they been able to solve it? If so, how have you solved it? Thanks

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2015 LG G4. I have discovered an error message in the last week that states "Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly." Initially it seems that some of my data was affected, but I was able to successfully sync that. My contacts still show the error message. Is anyone else having this issue, and have they been able to solve it? If so, how have you solved it? Thanks

I too have this error, and have used the Contacts Sync Fix app for a long time.

1sttimeusernumber2

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The error clears on a reboot - but that's not really acceptable. Nor is adding another app to fix what is clearly a bug.

Hi all, I just got an LG G5 se and was experiencing the same issue. (Go to settings/account&sync/yahoo it stated "sync not working try again")

No one seemed to have an answer that didn't involve pulling the laptop out. So I thought I'd try changing the settings within the yahoo mail app... Bingo. Default is to not sync contacts, allow sync here and when you attempt to sync in settings and the missing link is restored. All contacts successfully copied without excel or a 3rd party app.

How to:

Open yahoo mail app and sign in

From mail area of app (not news), click menu button {3 horizontal lines}

Open "settings" scroll to "sync contacts"

Ensure slider is filled with colour indicating this function is 'on'

If prompted, allow yahoo to access device

Revert to device settings and attempt sync.

Worked for me, hopefully will work for others

👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt