for a little over a week now, my phone has been getting really hot by the camera then freezing and shutting off and i'll take out the battery and put it back. sometimes it stays on, sometimes it shuts off after a few minutes, sometimes it freezes when it gets to the startup screen. i'm not sure what's happening because before a week ago, my phone never had ANY problems.
    03-22-2016 09:16 PM
    for a little over a week now, my phone has been getting really hot by the camera then freezing and shutting off and i'll take out the battery and put it back. sometimes it stays on, sometimes it shuts off after a few minutes, sometimes it freezes when it gets to the startup screen. i'm not sure what's happening because before a week ago, my phone never had ANY problems.
    It seems to be over heating. Are you using any particular apps or playing games when this happens? You can mitigate this my giving the phone breaks or turning down the screen brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2016 09:40 PM
    If it is getting hot while you're not using it then there is probably a runaway app eating the battery. You may be able to find it in Settings - Battery - Battery Usage. Scroll down to see which apps are using the most power. If you have recently installed new app(s) try getting rid of them to see if it clears the problem.
    03-23-2016 05:10 AM
    Likely the beginning of the dreaded bootloop problem. Make certain that all of your data is backed up. Look under your batter - what is the date of manufacture - and first three digits of the serial number?

Did you install any new apps that might be causing the problem?
    03-23-2016 10:41 AM
    It seems to be over heating. Are you using any particular apps or playing games when this happens? You can mitigate this my giving the phone breaks or turning down the screen brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App
    About that, is there any good way to tell what apps (even background ones) that are hogging system resources? I too have seen my G4 run at high temperatures, from time-to-time. But I don't game a lot on my device (like almost never). It seems like pretty much every app I routinely use shouldn't be straining the device.
    03-23-2016 12:40 PM
    About that, is there any good way to tell what apps (even background ones) that are hogging system resources? I too have seen my G4 run at high temperatures, from time-to-time. But I don't game a lot on my device (like almost never). It seems like pretty much every app I routinely use shouldn't be straining the device.
    The app "OS Monitor " would be helpful. It will indicate which processes are using x% of CPU. You'll then need to figure out which process corresponds to a particular app. If your phone is always overheating, it's likely defective. Some G4's run way too hot.
    804hokie and srkmagnus like this.
    03-23-2016 03:29 PM
    If you are able to identify the processes which are always running and disabling doesn't fix the heating problem, then see if you can have the device replaced. As mentioned above, its likely defective.
    tardus likes this.
    03-25-2016 10:37 AM