Of late I find fine scratches on my LG G4 (818N) screen. Bought last June 2015. Does Gorilla Glass 3 take on scratches under normal wear and tear? I have never abused the screen so far. I am always careful and handle the phone with kid's glove. Still it is under warranty. Will I get replacement of display? Does the display (screen) come under warranty? I am from Chennai, India. Thanks for any advice, in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2016 10:07 AM
    Of late I find fine scratches on my LG G4 (818N) screen. Bought last June 2015. Does Gorilla Glass 3 take on scratches under normal wear and tear? I have never abused the screen so far. I am always careful and handle the phone with kid's glove. Still it is under warranty. Will I get replacement of display? Does the display (screen) come under warranty? I am from Chennai, India. Thanks for any advice, in advance.

Screen scratches aren't covered under warranty. You need a screen protector going forward. Lots of info on the better protectors here. Most of us prefer glass. The screen WILL scratch. There's a tradeoff between the screen being resistant to scratches vs. resistant to cracking. GG3 less likely to shatter but more likely to scratch. The harder it is the more likely it will shatter. A little bit of grit in your pocket is all that's needed to cause a skanky looking scratch. Sorry to hear about this.
    03-23-2016 10:22 AM
    Years back I had Samsung S2 which has GG2 and after so much of abuse, it hasn't even got a micro scratch. (After reading Gorilla Glass technology, even tried deliberately scratch the screen with a knife! Nothing happened) Subsequently I had LG G3 and it also never had any scratches. Looks like it's a production defect in a particular batch of LG G4.

03-24-2016 12:36 AM
    Years back I had Samsung S2 which has GG2 and after so much of abuse, it hasn't even got a micro scratch. (After reading Gorilla Glass technology, even tried deliberately scratch the screen with a knife! Nothing happened) Subsequently I had LG G3 and it also never had any scratches. Looks like it's a production defect in a particular batch of LG G4.

Some phones in the first production batches - like yours, arrived with scratches. You may believe that it's a "production defect" but I doubt LG or your local dealer will agree. Good luck.
    03-24-2016 01:25 PM
    Elmex? They use it for car headlights with good results.
    03-24-2016 03:31 PM