LG Backup missing?

Legellan

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I FDR 'd my G4 tonight.

I purposefully went in and did a LG backup. Now when I go to do a restore it says there isn't one. I selected to do a backup to my onling LG airdrive but nothing there.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also a question on Google backup. It says it backs up App data but one of my apps is missing the data that was saved in it. it's a gas tracker app so It's not something that can be replaced. I normally do a separate backup of this app but I orgot to do it this time and only realised after I had FDR'd the phone.

Thanks for the help!!

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I FDR 'd my G4 tonight.

I purposefully went in and did a LG backup. Now when I go to do a restore it says there isn't one. I selected to do a backup to my onling LG airdrive but nothing there.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also a question on Google backup. It says it backs up App data but one of my apps is missing the data that was saved in it. it's a gas tracker app so It's not something that can be replaced. I normally do a separate backup of this app but I orgot to do it this time and only realised after I had FDR'd the phone.

Thanks for the help!!

Was your G4 USB set to 'mtp'? I know for Bridge updates you need mtp.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I find that the Google backup doesn't do much. Too late but I've used the sd card (not internal memory) as the destination for backup, and just to be safe keep a copy saved on a pc as well in case the sd card gets accidentally erased.

It's necessary to log into the LG account by the way before it will find the target files to restore from. I haven't used the air drive so can't help with that.
Good luck!