Warranty - Square Trade or Verizon?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I bought a two year Square Trade extended warranty for my G4, but am going to be getting an iPhone SE for my wife and wondered Verizon or Square Trade.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As far as extended warranties go, I like Verizon's. It's a monthly charge, but lasts as long as you own the phone. It's not limited to one or two extra years like most extended warranties.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You might also look at Protect Your Bubble. I started using them about 2 years ago. Haven't had to file a claim yet so no idea how quick they are with doing that. $4.99/month, doesn't cover loss or theft but covers all other damage. $50 deductible. Then they give you a discount if you get coverage for other devices. (2nd device would be $3.99).

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Looked at Verizon vs Squaretrade and although Verizon covers loss or theft, higher deductible on damage, which I think is more likely to happen in her case. Protect Your Bubble looks similar to Squaretrade, but lower deductable with $45 higher cost for a two year contract. Also looking at Applecare, since this will be on an iPhone SE.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Looked at Verizon vs Squaretrade and although Verizon covers loss or theft, higher deductible on damage, which I think is more likely to happen in her case. Protect Your Bubble looks similar to Squaretrade, but lower deductable with $45 higher cost for a two year contract. Also looking at Applecare, since this will be on an iPhone SE.

The Verizon extended warranty doesn't cover loss or theft. It's the insurance plans that cover those. I didn't think there was a deductible on the EW either.

Edit: I just double checked and the EW through Verizon is only the $3/mo service fee. The word "deductible" doesn't even appear in the terms and conditions.

And as usual, the AC Forums apps is screwing with links. Add the "www." to the first of this link.

verizonwireless.com/support/extended-warranty-legal/

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon extended warranty doesn't cover loss or theft. It's the insurance plans that cover those. I didn't think there was a deductible on the EW either.

Edit: I just double checked and the EW through Verizon is only the $3/mo service fee. The word "deductible" doesn't even appear in the terms and conditions.

And as usual, the AC Forums apps is screwing with links. Add the "www." to the first of this link.

verizonwireless.com/support/extended-warranty-legal/

You're right, I shouldn't have said "extended warranty" as I I was looking at the higher tier protection, insurance that covers damage, and the top tier that also includes theft. Both have a $170 or so deductible for iPhones.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You're right, I shouldn't have said "extended warranty" as I I was looking at the higher tier protection, insurance that covers damage, and the top tier that also includes theft. Both have a $170 or so deductible for iPhones.

That $170 deductible should be more than the average cost of repair. They can't lose!

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
That $170 deductible should be more than the average cost of repair. They can't lose!

And add in the cost of the policy after a year or so and not worth it even for theft or loss. Not going with the carrier policy ;). Probably either Squaretrade or Applecare.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I went without a warranty and so far no problems after 4 months with the G4.
I put a Squaretrade on my G4, because it is my first smartphone and wasn't sure how easy it would be to drop or break in some way. So far, so good, but reading about the bootloop problem has made me glad I bought the policy for when the warranty expires. The Applecare+ policy is going to be for the wife's phone, her first smartphone too.. She's harder on phones than me, broke the outer screen on her last flip phone and hing was starting to fail. We plan on putting it in a case, but ya never know ;).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad