I Get An Audible Unstable Internet Connection Message

Karibou Sky

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Twice I have received an audible message via my phone saying "This internet connection is unstable at the moment." It is in a woman's voice and it always startles me. Each time it has happened was when I was listening to music and the music ends and there is brief moment of silence. I have 5G wireless in my home with a new Netgear wireless router. It happens on my Verizon LG G4. The first time it happened I was listening to music via the Amazon Music app thru my surround sound speakers. And then just now while I was listening to music via the Google Play Music app with ear buds on.

Any insight into why this is occurring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Twice I have received an audible message via my phone saying "This internet connection is unstable at the moment." It is in a woman's voice and it always startles me. Each time it has happened was when I was listening to music and the music ends and there is brief moment of silence. I have 5G wireless in my home with a new Netgear wireless router. It happens on my Verizon LG G4. The first time it happened I was listening to music via the Amazon Music app thru my surround sound speakers. And then just now while I was listening to music via the Google Play Music app with ear buds on.

Any insight into why this is occurring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you figure out what it was?

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you have any apps that read notifications out loud?

Could be that driving mode is automatically turning on which has a speak function for messages and notifications :/

Fengshuistein

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I get this, too, whenever I plug a set of speakers into the headphone jack (old school speaker setup at work, LOL). Every time I do this, some sort of Google assistant launches, with the aforementioned female voice, and she either tells me she can't hear what I said (even though I wasn't speaking), or that the internet connection is unstable. Can't find a setting that relates to this anywhere... :-\

-Phil

Thinh Ho

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I too having the same problem with my LG v10. I have turned off Google voice search option but it is still happening. (only occur when Im on my earphone) This is extremely annoying because it interrupted my music. And worse, I often listen to classical music so I need to turn the volume at 100%, then thr voice notification just blasted my ear at max volume.

I have tried many fix and still no solution...

Karibou Sky

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input/ discussion on this. Sorry life suddenly became busy and I forgot to check back here. I found a couple discussions on this topic. One is here: wi fi - Your Internet connection is unstable message - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange and one reply discusses router settings. And the other is here: Internet connection unstable notification | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Check out reply number 10. I personally don't trust Time Warners' stability after going thru some connection issues over this past winter. It's service would quite often look bad on the live outage map at downdetector.com. I haven't had time to do any further "tinkering" with this issue.

Karibou Sky

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Now I remember....some Google service would launch on my phone whenever I plugged in a speaker jack or my ear buds. It was annoying. I just tried it several times using both Google Play Music and Amazon Music. I could not get it to happen again. I don't know what is different on my phone.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Now I remember....some Google service would launch on my phone whenever I plugged in a speaker jack or my ear buds. It was annoying. I just tried it several times using both Google Play Music and Amazon Music. I could not get it to happen again. I don't know what is different on my phone.

Question,

Did you wipe the cache partition after updating to MM? This usually fixes some bugs and glitches :)

I will continue to try and help as much as possible :D not giving up

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Let me know if you have or have not wiped the cache partition.

There is always disabling the Google Assist a poster above speaks of its explained in pics how to turn off

Attachments

• 1461518001716.jpg
    1461518001716.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 1461518022080.jpg
    1461518022080.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 1461518033072.jpg
    1461518033072.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1461518044897.jpg
    1461518044897.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
  • 1461518065742.jpg
    1461518065742.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1461518075522.jpg
    1461518075522.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5

Karibou Sky

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Let me know if you have or have not wiped the cache partition.

There is always disabling the Google Assist a poster above speaks of its explained in pics how to turn off
Thank you for this information. I frequently clear the cache on my phone. I have not used the headphone or speaker jack in a long time. I'm going to try it this weekend. I do have a feeling that the latest MM updates may have fixed the issue since I could not duplicate the situation in a recent post. The occurrence was random however so I will keep you posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci