Getting my 3rd G4 (warranty)

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Had the 505 bootloop. Got sent a brand new 511 that worked fine except for the garbage marshmallow update. Accelerometer took a dump and am getting shipped another one. I really hope it's a brand new unit again. I'm so sick of this phone but can't get rid of it for a probably dumb reason. I love the physical form. It's a big phone that doesn't feel big and fits in my pocket with very little bulk. I tried a 6p (the nexus 5 was my fav phone) and while I LOVE the nexus software it's just too friggin big. I tried an old Samsung S5 and while the screen was smaller the phone felt bigger. Why oh why does at&t have to lock up these bootloaders. I swear if I could have the 6p software loaded onto this physical phone I'd be in heaven. I'd keep it forever.

Sorry. Just venting. I have such a love/hate with this phone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 40% love/60% hate relationship with my S/N 512 G4, which was a replacement to a S/N 505 G4 that failed to the bootloop.

It worked fine before. Now, it's overheating, failing to lock onto cellular signals at times and is acting wonky.

I can't replace it with another phone, so I'm selling it and getting a Note 6 when it comes out.

It was a great phone, but it's also one of the most unreliable phones I've used. :(

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hang in there just a little longer for 6.01 ...

Yea...im tired of tweaking and messing around with it in stock form now. I will live with it as is....though it was awesome before the last March update I got on the 25th.

I would think the 6.01 update will have lots of bug fixes and be a good sized file download compared to most patches/updates

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hang in there just a little longer for 6.01 ...

Probably will, I have some equipment in need to purchase for the business so the S7 is off the table until the G4 gets boot looped or I just get sick of the erratic nature of the phone.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Had the 505 bootloop. Got sent a brand new 511 that worked fine except for the garbage marshmallow update. Accelerometer took a dump and am getting shipped another one. I really hope it's a brand new unit again. I'm so sick of this phone but can't get rid of it for a probably dumb reason. I love the physical form. It's a big phone that doesn't feel big and fits in my pocket with very little bulk. I tried a 6p (the nexus 5 was my fav phone) and while I LOVE the nexus software it's just too friggin big. I tried an old Samsung S5 and while the screen was smaller the phone felt bigger. Why oh why does at&t have to lock up these bootloaders. I swear if I could have the 6p software loaded onto this physical phone I'd be in heaven. I'd keep it forever.

Sorry. Just venting. I have such a love/hate with this phone.

I'm also on my 3rd one. Who's your carrier, and did they cover your warranty or was that done through another party? I currently have seen very solid performance in all aspects from this 508 Series I was sent by Asurion. However, the haptic motor on this and the other refurb I was sent back in the fall (for a USB port issue) seem to not sound or feel right. The brand new one I purchased just seemed much smoother on the haptic feature.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm also on my 3rd one. Who's your carrier, and did they cover your warranty or was that done through another party? I currently have seen very solid performance in all aspects from this 508 Series I was sent by Asurion. However, the haptic motor on this and the other refurb I was sent back in the fall (for a USB port issue) seem to not sound or feel right. The brand new one I purchased just seemed much smoother on the haptic feature.

AT&T is my carrier and they handled the warranty. I'm hoping for another brand new device. The 511 I got was HW version 1.0 just like the 505. Not sure if there is a 1.1 or something else. I keep telling myself I'll sell this G4 and get a 6p then I put a 6p in my pocket and there is just no way I want to deal with that brick. So frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11