Had the 505 bootloop. Got sent a brand new 511 that worked fine except for the garbage marshmallow update. Accelerometer took a dump and am getting shipped another one. I really hope it's a brand new unit again. I'm so sick of this phone but can't get rid of it for a probably dumb reason. I love the physical form. It's a big phone that doesn't feel big and fits in my pocket with very little bulk. I tried a 6p (the nexus 5 was my fav phone) and while I LOVE the nexus software it's just too friggin big. I tried an old Samsung S5 and while the screen was smaller the phone felt bigger. Why oh why does at&t have to lock up these bootloaders. I swear if I could have the 6p software loaded onto this physical phone I'd be in heaven. I'd keep it forever.

Sorry. Just venting. I have such a love/hate with this phone.
    frope01 likes this.
    04-03-2016 01:35 AM
    I have a 40% love/60% hate relationship with my S/N 512 G4, which was a replacement to a S/N 505 G4 that failed to the bootloop.

It worked fine before. Now, it's overheating, failing to lock onto cellular signals at times and is acting wonky.

I can't replace it with another phone, so I'm selling it and getting a Note 6 when it comes out.

It was a great phone, but it's also one of the most unreliable phones I've used.
    Inders99 and Im Broken like this.
    04-03-2016 02:12 AM
    I liked mine until the MM update, hate it now.

This will be my last LG for a few iterations.
    04-03-2016 06:32 AM
    I liked mine until the MM update, hate it now.

This will be my last LG for a few iterations.
    Hang in there just a little longer for 6.01 ...
    04-03-2016 08:54 AM
    Yea...im tired of tweaking and messing around with it in stock form now. I will live with it as is....though it was awesome before the last March update I got on the 25th.

I would think the 6.01 update will have lots of bug fixes and be a good sized file download compared to most patches/updates
    tardus likes this.
    04-03-2016 09:19 AM
    Probably will, I have some equipment in need to purchase for the business so the S7 is off the table until the G4 gets boot looped or I just get sick of the erratic nature of the phone.
    04-03-2016 12:05 PM
    Had the 505 bootloop. Got sent a brand new 511 that worked fine except for the garbage marshmallow update. Accelerometer took a dump and am getting shipped another one. I really hope it's a brand new unit again. I'm so sick of this phone but can't get rid of it for a probably dumb reason. I love the physical form. It's a big phone that doesn't feel big and fits in my pocket with very little bulk. I tried a 6p (the nexus 5 was my fav phone) and while I LOVE the nexus software it's just too friggin big. I tried an old Samsung S5 and while the screen was smaller the phone felt bigger. Why oh why does at&t have to lock up these bootloaders. I swear if I could have the 6p software loaded onto this physical phone I'd be in heaven. I'd keep it forever.

Sorry. Just venting. I have such a love/hate with this phone.
    I'm also on my 3rd one. Who's your carrier, and did they cover your warranty or was that done through another party? I currently have seen very solid performance in all aspects from this 508 Series I was sent by Asurion. However, the haptic motor on this and the other refurb I was sent back in the fall (for a USB port issue) seem to not sound or feel right. The brand new one I purchased just seemed much smoother on the haptic feature.
    04-03-2016 02:46 PM
    I'm also on my 3rd one. Who's your carrier, and did they cover your warranty or was that done through another party? I currently have seen very solid performance in all aspects from this 508 Series I was sent by Asurion. However, the haptic motor on this and the other refurb I was sent back in the fall (for a USB port issue) seem to not sound or feel right. The brand new one I purchased just seemed much smoother on the haptic feature.
    AT&T is my carrier and they handled the warranty. I'm hoping for another brand new device. The 511 I got was HW version 1.0 just like the 505. Not sure if there is a 1.1 or something else. I keep telling myself I'll sell this G4 and get a 6p then I put a 6p in my pocket and there is just no way I want to deal with that brick. So frustrating.
    04-03-2016 09:00 PM