Hi
    My phone was working perfectly well but suddenly froze and died on me. I have tried turning it on several times and each time it gets to the LG logo screen and does nothing else - sometimes it stays on the logo screen, other times it just dies and goes dead on me. Battery level was over 35% when it froze on me.

I have tried soft reset (nothing happens)
    I have tried hard reset (i get to the reset screen, then phone freezes and dies on me in a few seconds)
    i have tried leaving it on charge for 30 mins plus - nothing happens - not even the red charging light

Grateful for any suggestions please
    04-04-2016 01:53 PM
    You've struck the now-infamous #BootloopGate issue that's affecting a lot of G4s, including my original unit.

It's a hardware issue. You can't fix it yourself. Take it back to the store where you got it from in order to get a replacement.

You can try putting it in the freezer for a while so that it powers on long enough to make a quick backup. Note that you'll need to keep it there.
    04-04-2016 01:58 PM
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply

That's a problem - i cannot remember where i bought it from and cannot find the receipt so i think i am pretty stuffed

I have emailed LG support but don't hold out much hope of a reply let alone any assistance.

Phone is over a year old so out of warranty
    04-04-2016 02:25 PM
    You've struck the now-infamous #BootloopGate issue that's affecting a lot of G4s, including my original unit.

You can try putting it in the freezer for a while so that it powers on long enough to make a quick backup. Note that you'll need to keep it there.
    Will putting it in the freezer allow me to get past the logo screen ?
    04-04-2016 02:26 PM
    Will putting it in the freezer allow me to get past the logo screen ?
    Rate of success varies, but in most cases, it should. Not for very long, though.
    04-04-2016 02:27 PM
    If you wanna know how others feel about the issue, check this thread out

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ck-thread.html

Pretty much everyone in that thread has had a G4 fail on them in the same way.
    04-04-2016 02:36 PM
    I have now tracked down where i bought it from . It was purchased on the 29th June 2015 so is still under warranty. I have emailed the retailer and LG so between them i hope to get it repaired without any cost to myself.
    jhilker likes this.
    04-04-2016 02:42 PM
    I have now tracked down where i bought it from . It was purchased on the 29th June 2015 so is still under warranty. I have emailed the retailer and LG so between them i hope to get it repaired without any cost to myself.
    Good luck! Hope everything works out to ya.
    04-04-2016 02:46 PM
    There's another option (maybe!) - Big Core Disable - https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/commen...le_tool_guide/
    It won't fix the phone but may help get the data back if needed. Also, if it does work the G4 will run slower.

Also, may only work for Lollipop not Marshmallow.
    04-06-2016 11:31 AM