Does this battery usage look right?

joedownes90

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi people,

I've had an LG G4 for a little over a week now, coming from an Z3 Compact. I've only put a sim card in recently so today has been my first day using the phone all day.

So far I'm loving this phone, and although the battery has seemed slightly worse than the Z3 which I expected, it's still been good. However today from fairly heavy usage I was down to around 50% by lunch time, and after lunch I watched a long podcast on YouTube before having to stop using the phone around 3:00pm because the battery was below 10%.

I've seen people say they easily get a full days usage with the G4, so I'm wondering if I have a problem with mine?

Thanks in advance.

View image: Screenshot 2016 04 04 15 59 35

Msoul

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Don't worry, i thought that mine was spending lots of battery, but i did a factory reset just to clean memory and after 2 days the battery is learning and lasts longer ^^

Posted via the Android Central App

crachor

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It depends on usage, screen brightness, etc.

I listen to podcasts almost continually throughout the day, download a bunch of videos, browse the web, and message via FB messenger.

I rarely call or text, and in a typical light-heavy usage day from about 8am until 6pm I'll have about, 20% left? At least, that's what it feels like lately; but I haven't kept a super close eye on it.

The quickcharge is pretty great if the screen isn't on - charges from 10%-about 95% in just under 90 minutes, iirc from the last charge.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You do know that Sony Z3 Compact has the best battery life (with screen on) of just about every smartphone? I think it has something to do with Sony patented technology on screen display. Meanwhile, G4 is known for it is weak SoT battery life. So you are comparing the best with one of the worst. :p I just carry my free spare battery. 2 G4 oem batteries > 1 oem battery of any smartphone LOL :D