I'm using a LG G4 that I got in November of last year. I believe it came with the KitKat OS, but now I'm using Marshmallow. Somewhere in that time period, something changed on my phone, and the folders that I have on my microSD card don't all work/show up. The only real issue with this is that I have a lot of music put into a folder on my SD card, and I can see the folder where all the subfolders are, but when I go in, only a few of those subfolders actually show up.

Despite this, going through the file manager with my phone shows that they are in fact there, and the file size of the folder even through PC proves that there's more than what it's showing to me. I'm running Windows 10 and yes, I have hidden files/folders turned on, but the folders aren't hidden anyways.
    Thanks
    04-10-2016 01:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone connected via MTP? Swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon, and make sure it's set to MTP.

You haven't reformatted the SD card to become Internal (Adoptable) Storage, have you?
    04-10-2016 02:08 PM
    It is connected via MTP using the standard usb to microUSB cable that came with it, I've tried another and it's the same result. I have not reformatted for the Adoptable storage and don't plan to. I'm able to see most folders, but for whatever reason a good number of folders/files simply don't appear at all, despite actually being there.
    04-10-2016 02:19 PM
    On the PC, in Windows Explorer, is there an option to Show Hidden Files/Folders?
    04-10-2016 10:56 PM
    As I stated in my original post, yes, I have enabled viewing of hidden files, and I'm also fairly confident that the files/folders themselves are not hidden, or I wouldn't be able to view them in the Android file management most likely.
    04-10-2016 11:06 PM
    As I stated in my original post, yes, I have enabled viewing of hidden files, and I'm also fairly confident that the files/folders themselves are not hidden, or I wouldn't be able to view them in the Android file management most likely.
    ARGH, I hate it when I do that. Sorry!

Can you clarify--you said that with the phone's file manager, you're able to see those missing files and folders. Are those files accessible/playable using the phone's file manager? Or do they give an error message? If there are error messages, I'd suspect a corrupt card.
    04-12-2016 12:52 AM
    No problem, the files are accessible and playable through the file manager, and I at least haven't encountered an error with any of the files I've tried to access.
    04-12-2016 12:04 PM
    I wonder if reinstalling the USB drivers would help. I think they're included in the LG Bridge software--try installing that: LG BRIDGE - COPY FILES, AND BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
    04-12-2016 02:06 PM
    Does this software work with Windows 10? Every time I try to log in to the air drive portion, it accepts it, closes, then freezes up and acts like I never logged in. No matter how many times I try or restart it.
    04-12-2016 10:00 PM
    Sorry, but I'm not sure about that. I don't see any compatibility information on their support site.
    04-13-2016 01:00 AM
    and I'm also fairly confident that the files/folders themselves are not hidden, or I wouldn't be able to view them in the Android file management most likely.
    Just so that you're aware, if a folder has read permissions only for the owner or owner and group (and, of course, root - which has access to everything), unless you're logged into the phone as that app, or an app in that group, all you'll see, even in a folder full of files, is an empty folder. Look in /data if the phone isn't rooted and you'll see what I mean - there's probably at least one folder in there for every app on the phone. So not finding a file that you know for certain is there - if you're in Android (which means that you're in Linux) - isn't surprising.
    04-13-2016 11:16 AM
    Just so that you're aware, if a folder has read permissions only for the owner or owner and group (and, of course, root - which has access to everything), unless you're logged into the phone as that app, or an app in that group, all you'll see, even in a folder full of files, is an empty folder. Look in /data if the phone isn't rooted and you'll see what I mean - there's probably at least one folder in there for every app on the phone. So not finding a file that you know for certain is there - if you're in Android (which means that you're in Linux) - isn't surprising.
    Is that really how the readonly flag is interpreted on folders for android systems? No reading allowed?
    04-13-2016 04:05 PM