So I just got home and plugged up my phone from being completely dead, after a while I turn it on and to my surprise, I had no lock screen (which was only a swipe screen) and my home background was set as a default picture. After multiple attempts at locking it to get a lock screen back, I just gave up on it. Then I discover that the toolbar that you can swipe down at the top no longer comes down, and my on screen home button/ running apps button does not function. I've tried resetting it/turning it off and on multiple times with no luck, each time it just resets my background again.

Does anyone have any clue as to what is happening?

Oh, I just remembered, I also tried setting a new lock screen with a PIN, but when I locked my phone, it just came back on to the home screen...
    04-17-2016 07:01 PM
    I would do a factory reset. That's all I got. Also if you are on MM 6.0 you could downgrade to lollipop pretty easy and I have no issues with it.
    04-17-2016 07:21 PM
    I think I'll just ride up the the verizon store and see what kind of BS they shovel to me and make my decision from there. Ive heard that G4's manufactured before Sept. 2015 have a bad rep., mine was manufactured in April 2015, so that may add to the problems
    04-17-2016 07:36 PM
    Remember that the folks in the store don't get much if any tech support training. They are there to put you into a new plan. You may get lucky and get a rep who actually knows something about your device.

Before doing a factory reset (or letting any of the VZW folks touch your device), I'd consider clearing the cache and reverting your system settings to defaults. You normally won't lose any data or change any settings to your downloaded apps. If this makes your phone work, great. If not, you're just out about three minutes and a restart, then you can do your factory reset.

Your first step is to make a backup. Open SETTINGS and scroll down to PERSONAL/BACKUP & RESET. Open LG BACKUP and follow the prompts. Choose your SD card as a backup destination because if you wind up doing the factory data reset, you'll lose everything in the internal memory. Data on your SD card should be safe.

To clear the cache on a Verizon G4 with Marshmallow, open SETTINGS and scroll down to DEVICE/STORAGE AND USB. Select INTERNAL STORAGE, then CACHED DATA. Hit OK.

To revert your system settings to defaults, open SETTINGS and scroll down to PERSONAL/BACKUP & RESET. Select RESET SETTINGS (it's the last of three selections).

If this doesn't fix your issue, then a factory data reset may be in order. If VZW replaces your device, you'll have to rebuild anyway.
    ayy_its_andrew likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:54 PM