Have a question about my internal storage listing, under the "Storage & USB" section of my Settings. It shows some space being used by "Images" (only 37MB, but it got me wondering why).
    My camera is set to save pictures to my SD card (which it does). I navigate to Gallery and see the SD card symbol in the top right corner of all folders. I go to File Manager under Tools and see all my images/videos with the DCIM or Camera folders. I also navigate to the Internal Storage folder under File manager and see those folders are empty.
    But when I click on "Images" within the "Storage & USB" section in Settings, I see all my pictures. I am unable to delete from this folder ("Unable to delete some documents") but I can share the picture from this folder.
    So are my images actually still within my Internal Storage? Or is there an issue?
    My card was in my phone before Marshmallow update, so I never selected to have the card be my Internal Storage.
    Any thoughts?
    04-21-2016 10:12 AM
    Just a guess, but it may be counting all types of images, including static images used by various apps and such that the stock gallery wouldn't display.
    04-21-2016 10:50 AM
    Interesting. So do you think it's actually "counted" against my internal storage? Or is that an over-inflated number since the images (and other files) are stored on my SD card?
    04-21-2016 11:41 AM
    I have the same issue too. Everything is saved to my sd card. I also have the same amount of space 37 mb being taken up.
    I had always wondered about that ....
    04-21-2016 12:20 PM
    Interesting. So do you think it's actually "counted" against my internal storage? Or is that an over-inflated number since the images (and other files) are stored on my SD card?
    If what I'm thinking is correct, then yes it's counted. Even if it's in a hidden folder.

For example, whenever someone sends me a picture via MMS, I see it in my texting app, but it doesn't show up in my gallery because it's currently in a folder that's hidden or has a .nomedia file. That would still count against the internal storage.

Oddly enough, my image count in that setting is only 23MB and some change.
    04-21-2016 12:33 PM
    well, it's definitely weird. Wonder why it's set up like that.
    Thanks for the insight.
    04-21-2016 12:40 PM
    Glad to know it's not just me!
    04-21-2016 12:41 PM