how get >7 home screens LG G4, Andr5

ezandro

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I like to categorize my items, need more home screens even if other screens not completely full.
To get new screen it is required to fill up the previous screen first. Once done a choice opens to select a new one or one of the "not yet full" ones.
I have so many apps I need 2 more screens if I want to keep order in the placement.
How can I force more screens, overcome the "full" message?
Device is not rooted and I hesitate to root it, don't know sufficiently about +/-.
Thanks.

Last edited:

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how get >7 home screens LG G4

Press and hold on an empty part of the screen. The window will zoom out showing just that window. Press and hold again but this time on the zoomed out window. Now you should see all your windows and be able to add more by hitting the plus sign a few times.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Apologies, I didn't read the question properly. You can't get more than 7 pages on the LG launcher. Best you can do is create folders by dragging one app on top of another.
If you really want more than 7 pages, then you would have to use a different launcher. Nova launcher for example would be able to add a lot more pages.

ezandro

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

thanks, I found the Nova Launcher.
How can I preserve the original of LG G4 in case I dislike Nova?
thanks, ..

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

thanks, I found the Nova Launcher.
How can I preserve the original of LG G4 in case I dislike Nova?
thanks, ..
You can make a backup in settings _backup and restore. You can backup your home screen settings there. However, it should stay unchanged if you revert back. But a backup is always more reassuring.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just leave your set up alone and install nova launcher on top of it. If you get tired of Nova launcher all you have to do is clear defaults and your original set up will still be there unchanged.

ezandro

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
At the time I did not know how to handle folders for the icons, none were inside folders. Meanwhile I organize the icon into folders. Now I have more then enough screens.