Hey all,

I've had a G4 for a short time, First time I got it, After about a week, a reboot boot, it would never turn on (known early hardware issue). Sent out to LG, So with out the phone for about 2 weeks, I get it back, it boots and seems to run good (a nice step up over the G3).

Anyway, I got a sticker for the QI and NFC to add wireless charging to my G4, I get it mounted correctly and lined up perfectly (I've done a few of these before). I drop on the wireless charger, It will go Charging wirless, then off, then back on wireless and back off. It will keep doing this, over and over by doing this, it drains the battery 10X faster than just using it. The wireless charger blinks when it's doing this. Plug into USB to charge, no problems.

Tried 3 new sticker replacments AND a OEM back (a friend has a G4), same problem. I hard reset the phone and no change.

I love QI charging, so it's a big deal as I have a bunch of chargers.. Any idea on what is going on or did I get a bad system board ??

I already called LG and setup ANOTHER repair but, would love to see if there is something else to try...

Thoughts ?
    05-05-2016 12:34 PM
    Do you have a case on?
    05-05-2016 01:02 PM
    Do you have a case on?
    No case, just factory back on the phone (it is the Verizon with the black leather back but, NFC has worked fine through it with out a problem, so dont think that would be an issue).
    05-05-2016 02:18 PM
    Ah bummer, just thought I'd ask. Hope someone else can give you a good answer!
    05-05-2016 07:09 PM
    So, I got ANOTHER sticker in today, Connected it, the Wireless charger stays on solid (better than before) but, it does the same thing but, at a lower level.

With the battery window open (to monitor), it will just show discharging, then time to time, wireless charging will pop up (the message wireless charging as started) but, as soon as I click ok, it shows discharging... It never actually charges off QI...In fact, it drains the battery 10X faster when on the wireless charger.

I looked over the Wireless charging thread and tried a few things suggested there, with no change, even stuck a small piece of plastic under the sticker(the QI connectors), and it does the same thing....

Sigh, I guess it's got to go BACK to LG or the 2nd time... I have had a G3 and G4 now, BOTH have had to go out to LG for some reason or another.... are these LG phones this buggy or am I just full of bad luck ?
    05-05-2016 09:04 PM
    I had this issue once in a while with the same setup. If I didn't catch it blinking it would drain the battery to zero instead of charging. I got a different charging base - one with 3 coils - and it has not happened since (about 2 weeks).

Here is the one I got:

http://smile.amazon.com/Seneo-3-Coil...ilpage_o02_s00
    05-06-2016 06:35 AM
    I had this issue once in a while with the same setup. If I didn't catch it blinking it would drain the battery to zero instead of charging. I got a different charging base - one with 3 coils - and it has not happened since (about 2 weeks).

Here is the one I got:

Amazon.com: Seneo 3-Coils Wireless Charger Pad with LED Indicator Light for QI-Enabled Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I have the Nokia chargers DT-900(3 of them in different colors) and DT-910 (my bedside charger). They are not cheap-0- chargers. I also have tried the $2.50 ebay ones (I keep one at work, so if it gets lost, I could care less) all with the same result.

I have had 4 phones with wireless charging, my Nokia ICON, LG G3 (sticker on the back) are the last ones that I swap in-between. No problems charing other phones.

It's only on this G4, Again, I tried a OEM back from a friend who has a G4, 4 stickers (from different vendors), even with the OEM back on 5 different wireless chargers, they ALL DO THE SAME THING.

After troubleshooting this for 3-4 days now, I am done, It goes out to LG today, let them fix it. If a OEM back cover does the same thing, it sounds like a problem with the phone. ANOTHER PROBLEM

Nice phone but, so far a buggy mess..
    05-06-2016 08:58 AM
    If you bought it new, it should still be under warranty from VZW. Why not have Big Red replace it for you? You won't be without a phone at all because they'll send you a replacement, then you return the old one.
    05-06-2016 05:01 PM
    I use the Samsung wireless charger with my G4, has Otterbox Defender charges great.
    I have tried third party chargers won't charge through a case unless it is third party circle case with wireless sticker in case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-06-2016 11:05 PM
    I bought a Vilight wireless charging kit that works great..... But it won't work when trying to use my wife's samsung charging base. Doesn't even flicker. But as far as charging my phone it works fine.
    05-07-2016 11:01 AM
    I bought a Vilight wireless charging kit that works great..... But it won't work when trying to use my wife's samsung charging base. Doesn't even flicker. But as far as charging my phone it works fine.
    Wireless charging is something I have been using for a long time now. I really have about 6-8 chargers with about 4-5 of them around the house. I just drop a phone on and it charges (as long as it's close it works).

If the LG G4 runs into problems where it's hit or miss if it will work, some chargers or if it has to be Perfect to charge, I guess my LG G4 will go up for sale and it might be the last LG phone I get.

It's that much of a big deal, It was shipped off to service, so when I get it back and the problem is still there, bye bye G4...
    05-07-2016 11:14 AM
    I understand I like wireless charging myself. I only use it at night though.
    05-07-2016 11:37 AM
    FLOUREON Stable Voltage Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Charging Stand for iPhone 4/5/6.Nokia 920、1520.LG Nexus5.LG G2/G3/G4.HTC 8x/DNA.Samsung GALAXY S5/S6,Note3/Note3/Note4 and Other Qi-Enabled Phones and Tablets. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0191JPK...cUvbUpU5174513

I use this. Works a treat.

05-12-2016 06:24 PM
    FLOUREON Stable Voltage Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Charging Stand for iPhone 4/5/6.Nokia 920、1520.LG Nexus5.LG G2/G3/G4.HTC 8x/DNA.Samsung GALAXY S5/S6,Note3/Note3/Note4 and Other Qi-Enabled Phones and Tablets. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0191JPK...cUvbUpU5175438

I use this. Works a treat.

The advanage 3 coil chargers is, there is not a center point, you have 3 center points. So your QI sensor does not have to be lined up perfectly. They do NOT have more power or more range (distace from lifiing up the phone and charing still happening). I looked this up. Also, the design of QI, you dont have to be EXACT, you could be off a little here and there, the phone will still charge.

The DT-900 and DT-910 are the same single coil charges...
    05-13-2016 09:31 AM
    Update: So today, I decided to call LG to see if I could get it shipped to my work address (FedEx was a hassle, No one is home till about 3:30 at my home, so they came 2 days in a row at 9am and 11am, so 3rd attempt they were going to ship it back, FedEx charged me $5 to have it delivered after 5pm (no other option) UGH !)

I asked what they did, they said they replaced a part on the system board....so maybe my wireless charging part was defective ?

Should have it by the end of next week...maybe it will work this time.... 2nd time out on this phone
    05-14-2016 12:27 PM
    Well, yes, the wireless port is defective, you fried it when you used it! There is a reason LG does not have any wireless addons for it, the port is defective, and a large number of complaints about people using it is "Well it worked the first month and now it doesn't". The people who fixed this did so by getting a phone replaced. Some didn't get the hint and burned out 2 or 3 phones doing this.

Get the hint, stop using QI stickers on the G4, it does not like them!
    05-15-2016 09:15 PM
    Well, yes, the wireless port is defective, you fried it when you used it! There is a reason LG does not have any wireless addons for it, the port is defective, and a large number of complaints about people using it is "Well it worked the first month and now it doesn't". The people who fixed this did so by getting a phone replaced. Some didn't get the hint and burned out 2 or 3 phones doing this.

Get the hint, stop using QI stickers on the G4, it does not like them!
    LG still lists the QI compliant quick circle cases for the G4 and they are available on Amazon.

LG Quick Circle™ Wireless Charging Folio Case for LG G4™ (Verizon) | LG USA
    05-16-2016 06:22 AM
    Well, yes, the wireless port is defective, you fried it when you used it!
    How in the heck would I have fried it ? The first thing I tried was with a OEM back with wireless charging (my friend was over when I got the phone back from servic). Then I tried the stickers that gave the SAME EXACT results.

They already replaced the systemboard in the phone (dead on boot up).

I assure you I did not FRY the port on it... Anyway, I should have it back in about a week. My G3 with wireless charing it working fine right now..

LG still lists the QI compliant quick circle cases for the G4 and they are available on Amazon.

LG Quick Circle™ Wireless Charging Folio Case for LG G4™ (Verizon) | LG USA
    Thanks, I have no interest in making the phone any bigger. I never use a case and keep a dedicated Pocket for my phone (nothing in it besides the phone).
    05-16-2016 10:54 AM
    I use the LG Quick Circle and never had any problems.

05-18-2016 09:59 AM
    Update: I got the phone back from LG, put my back cover on and same issue. So I troubleshot it for a while.

Now I have about 3-4 stickers for the G4, so I put one on the back of the phone and held down the contacts and dropped a wireless charger on the top of it. This clicked on wireless charging and for 5 min, no disconnects. Interesting....

So pulled off my sticker on the back of the G4, and behold the left over sticker (though it was just goop from the glue on the old one), had part of the NFC wires in it. I took a blade and scraped everything off, even sanded it down a little. Lined it up, re-applied YET another sticker. It works now.

I have been wireless charging now for a few days, it's a little tweeaky on placement but, it does work now...Even tap to pay works fine...I guess I can sell off my G3 now...

Still it makes me wonder if there was a problem with the phone, as my friends OEM wireless charging back was not working (he has not been over from the time I got it back)

Thanks for everyone's help here...
    05-23-2016 02:24 PM