So basically my LG G4 won't boot up anymore, I pulled it out of my pocket today and it gave me nothing but a black screen, so I decided to pull out the battery and try to restart it that way. I press the power button and everything goes as it's supposed to (vibrate, LG logo) but it won't go past the screen that says: "LG Life's Good" in the middle and "Powered by android" at the bottom, basically the LG logo with an android logo on the bottom of the screen. It stays on for a couple seconds and once it goes away it just gives nothing but a black screen, no reboot or anything, just a black screen. Even if I tried to press the back buttons nothing would happen.

I'm sharing a video to demonstrate what I mean by the above if my explanation is not very clear. (sorry for the bad quality)

(SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR THE BACKGROUND NOISE):

I tried a couple things before posting this for example hard resetting, but every time I attempted it the phone either froze or just went to a black screen. I'm not sure whats happening because one second it was working and once I took it out of my pocket it stopped working. It still boots up (not fully) so I assume there's nothing wrong with the hardware but I'm not too sure.

Anything at this point would help me out a lot, like any solution is worth a try at this point because I'm completely lost.

Thanks,
    Dango
    05-19-2016 02:20 AM
    Hello, welcome to the forum! This is a well-known (and well-documented) issue with some G4's. My own G4 just had the same issue (exactly as you describe it) after working flawlessly for a year. The root cause seems to be a loose connection with the NAND flash memory chip on the main board which causes the phone to either freeze, get stuck on the boot screen or boot loop. (Think of it like trying to start a desktop computer with RAM removed: it won't pass the initial hardware test and won't boot up.)

My understanding is that LG acknowledged the issue at the end of last year and that they revised the main board layout for later production runs of the G4.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with LG and have them repair or replace it under warranty. My phone just went back to LG for repairs and I'm expecting it back next week. I hope this helps! If you look around on the G4 forum, you will find much more information on this issue.
    Hello, welcome to the forum! This is a well-known (and well-documented) issue with some G4's. My own G4 just had the same issue (exactly as you describe it) after working flawlessly for a year. The root cause seems to be a loose connection with the NAND flash memory chip on the main board which causes the phone to either freeze, get stuck on the boot screen or boot loop. (Think of it like trying to start a desktop computer with RAM removed: it won't pass the initial hardware test and won't boot up.)

My understanding is that LG acknowledged the issue at the end of last year and that they revised the main board layout for later production runs of the G4.

The best thing to do is to get in touch with LG and have them repair or replace it under warranty. My phone just went back to LG for repairs and I'm expecting it back next week. I hope this helps! If you look around on the G4 forum, you will find much more information on this issue.
    Mikey47 likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:21 AM

Thanks! I don't think I'm under warranty, I purchased this phone through Fido while changing my phone plan, but I'll probably double check if I am under warranty or not.

Thanks again!
    05-19-2016 08:36 PM
    Yeah my phone did the same thing after working great for nearly 6 months...luckily I have warranty...but all data is gone

Posted via my Awesome Lumia 950 , Beautiful S7 Edge Gold or Surface pro 4
    05-21-2016 09:24 AM