Well, that was my replacement phone from 1st bootloop...went into it today. Here's hoping G4 #3 fares better.
    06-07-2016 10:40 PM
    Did you send it for repair or did you made an RMA with your carrier?
    06-10-2016 12:18 PM
    Did you send it for repair or did you made an RMA with your carrier?
    i have ins with verizon, so a "new" one was sent. it is a bit upsetting and i vocalized ill prob be sending this back in 4 months when it does it again.

verizons solution: a $10 account credit and trying to get me to purchase a new phone.
    06-11-2016 12:56 PM
    I find this troubling news. I was quite cocky about this issue thinking I was somehow immune but it just hit me yesterday.

I signed up for my phone at Costco and had purchased their insurance. Naive me was very truthful with them when I went to create a claim. Thus the agent determined that it was a manufacturers defect rather than an accidental breakage. In hindsight I should have just dropped it.

Then I called Bell. They said I had to call LG. So then I called LG and they said to send it back but now I have to call on Monday to get a shipping code... because the agent wasn't authorized to give me free shipping. NOTE TO LG: If there is a known issue make this process as easy as possible since you CHOSE not so just recall all these defective handsets! The proper response to a known issue is "We are so sorry, let us figure this out without you spending your valuable time and $."

I am so done with this brand. Started with Nexus 4, then LG G3 now LG G4. Sorry LG see ya later after this drama is over. I feel for this OP. I think I would lose my mind if my phone does it again after the repair.
    06-12-2016 10:07 AM
    I find this troubling news. I was quite cocky about this issue thinking I was somehow immune but it just hit me yesterday.

I signed up for my phone at Costco and had purchased their insurance. Naive me was very truthful with them when I went to create a claim. Thus the agent determined that it was a manufacturers defect rather than an accidental breakage. In hindsight I should have just dropped it.

Then I called Bell. They said I had to call LG. So then I called LG and they said to send it back but now I have to call on Monday to get a shipping code... because the agent wasn't authorized to give me free shipping. NOTE TO LG: If there is a known issue make this process as easy as possible since you CHOSE not so just recall all these defective handsets! The proper response to a known issue is "We are so sorry, let us figure this out without you spending your valuable time and $."

I am so done with this brand. Started with Nexus 4, then LG G3 now LG G4. Sorry LG see ya later after this drama is over. I feel for this OP. I think I would lose my mind if my phone does it again after the repair.
    The good news is that Bell does a great job of fixing it... I got mine back in one week (I took it to a drop off store) and they had replaced the motherboard. I also have the Costco plan, and also wondered about just dropping the phone
    06-14-2016 09:31 AM
    Don't get a refurb from your carrier, it will just bootloop again. Send it to LG instead.

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG G4
    tardus likes this.
    06-17-2016 02:01 PM
    As an update I have been without my phone for 2 weeks now after sending it to the LG designated fixit shop in Mississauga. I believe it is due to be couriered back tomorrow.

This begs the question... does anyone else think that LG has gotten off pretty easy on this issue?

If Ford or GM had a recall they would fess up and ask all their customers to come in for repairs. LG has just quietly sat back and waited for people to send in the units just waiting out the 2 years that most people keep their phones. Luckily I was home. Luckily I had my old phone as a backup. What if it happened while I was travelling overseas?
    06-26-2016 09:13 PM
    Where do you think the carrier refurbished come from? I sent my 505 into LG. They "fixed it" so well the repaired unit had the same issue. I called T-Mobile and they sent me a refurb 505 immediately. At least it did work. LG is useless and could care less.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-26-2016 09:30 PM
    My phone just bootlooped two hours ago. Verizon, 508 serial number.

Is sending it to LG really the smarter move, or am I screwed either way?
    06-26-2016 09:44 PM
    If Ford or GM had a recall they would fess up and ask all their customers to come in for repairs. LG has just quietly sat back and waited for people to send in the units just waiting out the 2 years that most people keep their phones.
    They only notify and ask you to come in for repair for safety related issues. Run a vin check on your vehicle and you'll likely find several recalls and service bulletins listed that you haven't been notified about. Why? Because those aren't safety related. Same goes for any recall. Or look at a recall board in retail stores and you'll notice they are all safety related.

As much as the bootloop sucks, don't hold your breath on any recall. There's been no evidence of this being a safety problem to warrant one.
    06-26-2016 11:35 PM
    They only notify and ask you to come in for repair for safety related issues. Run a vin check on your vehicle and you'll likely find several recalls and service bulletins listed that you haven't been notified about. Why? Because those aren't safety related. Same goes for any recall. Or look at a recall board in retail stores and you'll notice they are all safety related.

As much as the bootloop sucks, don't hold your breath on any recall. There's been no evidence of this being a safety problem to warrant one.
    Exactly. So if I went to LG and asked what the known issues about this phone are they would tell me about the boot loop issue and at least give me the information to decide if I want to preemptively have it fixed? I don't think it would work like that.
    06-27-2016 07:51 AM