My old LG G4 was stuck in a boot loop, so I gave it to Sprint, and they gave me a new phone in about 4-5 days, only missing my contacts and pictures. I was a bit bummed out, because I hadn't backed up the files, but I got over it. The new phone they gave me was supposed to have no more boot loop, and everything was supposedly fixed. For the most part, it was fixed, and I took a trip to New York and Washington D.C. for school. The day I got back, I went to my dad's house to go show the pictures, and my phone got stuck on the LG screen. It doesn't look like it is stuck in a boot loop, because it doesn't do anything but stay on this screen. I didn't have time to back up any of my new photos, because I just got home. Is this just another boot loop, when Sprint told me they fixed it, or is it something relating to hardware?
    06-20-2016 02:45 PM
    Mod Note, I will move this to the g4 forum for more visibility
    06-20-2016 05:47 PM
    Mine did that as well. Same effect. LG had to replace the motherboard.

I traded the phone in for a Galaxy S7. Had to add cash but still worth it.
    06-20-2016 06:52 PM
    This just happened to me over the weekend and went to my local Sprint store and they said it's a known issue with early G4's (serial starting with 505?) which mine was. Have a new replacement being sent to me in a couple days. This is a motherboard issue according to other threads I've seen. Best bet is to take back for another, hopefully newer production, G4. Hopefully my new phone won't have the issue...fingers crossed. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...i-get-out.html
    LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices - Android Authority
    06-20-2016 08:42 PM
    The only problem is that my old G4 already did this, and the "new" one they sent me did the same thing.
    06-21-2016 10:19 AM
    Zack did you get a chance to fix the issue? my LG G4 is also stuck at LG logo screen and nothing i can do about tit. it cannot even go into boot loader. i cannot also take it for replacement as officially LG does not give services in my country. what to do? how did you get out of it?
    08-14-2016 02:50 AM