I've had an lg g4 (verizon, model VS986) for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of marshmallow to my phone. However, after a while I realized that every source I checked said that the update was already out for verizon g4 users.

I learned that I could upgrade my phone using LG bridge, but for the life of me I can't get the phone to connect to a computer -- I've tried 3 computers (windows and mac), various cords, various ports, turning on usb debugging and installing various drivers but every time I plug my phone into LG Bride it loads for a while and tells me it can't connect, and that I should unplug the cable and try again.

Is my phone simply unable to connect to a computer? Am I ever going to get the green light for an OTA update?

Many thanks,
    Joseph
    07-19-2016 11:35 PM
    I've had an lg g4 (verizon, model VS986) for a while now and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of marshmallow to my phone. However, after a while I realized that every source I checked said that the update was already out for verizon g4 users.

I learned that I could upgrade my phone using LG bridge, but for the life of me I can't get the phone to connect to a computer -- I've tried 3 computers (windows and mac), various cords, various ports, turning on usb debugging and installing various drivers but every time I plug my phone into LG Bride it loads for a while and tells me it can't connect, and that I should unplug the cable and try again.

Is my phone simply unable to connect to a computer? Am I ever going to get the green light for an OTA update?

Many thanks,
    Joseph
    Hi Joseph,

Are you able to update wirelessly by going into system settings > software updates? If not, then follow the information provided by Verizon here to update: LG G4 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I would also suggest uninstalling the downloads you already tried to install onto your computer and try again. Let us know us know if that helps.
    07-20-2016 12:04 AM
    Joseph, do yourself a favour and don't upgrade! Stick with Lollipop. Google G4 battery problems after Marshmallow update and you'll see what I mean. Upgrade, and your battery is going to drop like you would not believe.
    Inders99 likes this.
    07-20-2016 01:49 AM
    You're like the only person I know who wants to upgrade to that garbage. If I could take your Lollipop I'd give you my MM in exchange gladly. That's the one thing that made me hate this phone. Tomorrow I take delivery of a new S7 and I'm done with the G4 and MM forever.

Good riddance, worst update ever.
    07-20-2016 04:05 PM