Software update problems again

acraftylady

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought my phone at full retail price last July 27th. I have always loved LG phones until this one. I use my phone the way it comes out of the box so don't root it or anything like that. All was fine then in December after a software update a few days later my phone just died, completely dead out of the blue. Contacted LG and they gave me a prepaid mailer to send it back. Determined I didn't step on it smash it or anything like that and fixed it free of charge because it was the software update that caused it.

I got another software update recently and was very worried. Fast forward to this morning and I woke up to my phone stuck on the LG boot screen. Could get to the screen for factory reset and such but when I scrolled and pushed the power button none of the choices would work. Contacted LG and explained and they said this latest software update had some glitches so again they sent me a prepaid label to send it back and they will fix it for free. Customer service has been good but I am getting tired of this. I don't have a home phone so luckily I was able to get my Samsung S5 activated. I hate that phone and much prefer navigating LG but I am tired of these software updates killing my phone. My phone upgrade is not until August and I would really like to get the G5 but am worried I will get in the same mess again. I am so confused on what smart phone to pick now. The basic talk and text phones on Verizon are garbage and I really want to stick with a smart phone. I have an old LG from when I was on Tmobile so I was able to put my memory card in that and load the back up file to get at my memos I jot down. Mary

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You don't have to update the software.. Maybe stick with the original software until perhaps the next version, hopefully free of the glitch that caused the crashes.. Make sure auto update is off and ignore prompts to update.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The boot loop is a well documented hardware issue that LG has owned up to and is fixing even out of warranty. It has nothing to do with the software update.

acraftylady

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok I just assumed that in December when I got an update software or what ever and it happened not long after then a few weeks ago when I got another update it happened again that is what caused it. I got the phone back all fixed nice but I don't understand the extra lock screen with the adds, I don't like it Is there a way to turn that off? I didn't know I could by pass these updates as I thought they just installed eventually anyway ever after saying no so will remember that. Mary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy