I just got a new phone (AT&T LG G4). My old phone had an car mount that also charged it (it even had a built in headphone jack as part of the power cord).

I would like to continue to use a car mount that also charges my phone. Looking around, I can't seem to find anything like this. Does anyone here have a car mount/charger that they like? Ideally it would be something that works with a case (which I also have to get, so if you have a specific case that works with your solution too that would also be helpful).

Also, same thing for my nightstand. Is there a desk charger that you all like?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    07-27-2016 04:16 PM
    I guess not. Thanks anyway.
    07-29-2016 08:54 PM
    I would just Google a mount for your g4 then get a cable of your choice then I would run it thru my dash and find a pet that can handle the load. Add a switch and black tape to the back of the mount... When in use attach phone to mount then attach cable and flip switch. The switch in necessary because without one the car battery will die.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-30-2016 12:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply. What I have now is a car mount that you slide it down on (and when you slide it down, it has a micro USB positioned to slot in perfectly. I have the power cable connected to a power jack (old cigarette lighter) that only provides power when the car is on. So it won't kill my battery. I had my old phone set up to auto recognize the car mount and turn on things like bluetooth, GPS, my map app, etc. It was just infinitely convenient. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a similiar solution doesn't exist for this new LG G4.

It is a shame too. I honestly assumed that more people would be using a car cradle/mount/docking station solution, but I guess not.

Thanks anyway.
    07-30-2016 07:45 PM
    Honestly, I don't know why you would want a dock made specifically for the G4. What happens if down the road you change phones?

Just get a universal car dock and then use an app such as Tasker to set your phone to turn on the settings you mentioned (turn on BT, launch navigation, etc.). You can also program an NFC tag and stick the tag in your car and then tap the phone to the tag.

I use Tasker to send a text to anyone that texts me when I'm driving. It detects motion. I believe the trigger is traveling above 25 MPH for a certain length of time. I have Tasker set to send I'm driving right now. I'll get back to you as soon as it's safe to do so. (auto generated message) to anyone that texts me while I'm driving.
    08-01-2016 01:44 PM
    I am not necessarily looking for a mount/dock specific for the LG G4, just one that doesn't only hold it (one that provides power to charge it too).

Right now, I am looking into setting up the phone with a Powermat wireless charging chip/sticker/case and trying to find a vehicle mount that I can use to charge it wirelessly (since I can't find a wired charging vehicle mount). However, I am also finding that there is not a single car charger/mount that is PMA/Powermat compatible. Lots that are Qi, none for Powermat.

I am getting the feeling I should just give up on my "charge my phone while I drive so the GPS, bluetooth, display doesn't drain my battery to nothing" quest.
    08-04-2016 04:53 PM
    As nice as the G4 is, I think you're going to be hard pressed to find exactly what you're looking for unless you have a Samsung or Apple device. Sadly, it seems those are the only two brands that get a lot of third party support for things like this.
    08-04-2016 09:30 PM
    I am not necessarily looking for a mount/dock specific for the LG G4, just one that doesn't only hold it (one that provides power to charge it too).

Right now, I am looking into setting up the phone with a Powermat wireless charging chip/sticker/case and trying to find a vehicle mount that I can use to charge it wirelessly (since I can't find a wired charging vehicle mount). However, I am also finding that there is not a single car charger/mount that is PMA/Powermat compatible. Lots that are Qi, none for Powermat.

I am getting the feeling I should just give up on my "charge my phone while I drive so the GPS, bluetooth, display doesn't drain my battery to nothing" quest.
    Take a look at proclipwww.proclipusa.com they make phone specific and vehicle specific mounting solutions. Great products.
    NealJ777 likes this.
    08-05-2016 05:58 PM

Well, then you do what most people do and get a car charger for $10-$15 and plug it into your phone. I fail to see the problem.
    08-08-2016 09:07 AM
    Take a look at proclip...
    Those proclips look nice, but like I said, what do you do when you switch to a different phone? My wife and I don't have the same model phone. I just go with a universal car mount and a freebie car charger I got from a trade show. (although, Aukey would be a better solution).
    08-08-2016 09:12 AM
    Sorry...you wanted a car charger...Here's the desktop one I use all the time: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU5331847
    08-16-2016 09:45 AM
    08-16-2016 09:50 AM