Compatibility update patch? Anyone

nikooe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
"Compatibility patch" update showed up in my notification area. When I clicked on it, it took me to the LG software update section and said that this file is needed to fix some issues with app compatibility. File is about 150kb.
After installing the program asks to reboot the phone. Once the notification is clicked on, the phone reboots.
Phone is not rooted. It seemed a little sketchy since there's really no other information anywhere else on the net. It seems a bunch of other people have got this but no real info.

Just wondering if anybody else has got this update.

Thanx.

goku_vegeta

Q&A Team
Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
"Compatibility patch" update showed up in my notification area. When I clicked on it, it took me to the LG software update section and said that this file is needed to fix some issues with app compatibility. File is about 150kb.
After installing the program asks to reboot the phone. Once the notification is clicked on, the phone reboots.
Phone is not rooted. It seemed a little sketchy since there's really no other information anywhere else on the net. It seems a bunch of other people have got this but no real info.

Just wondering if anybody else has got this update.

Thanx.
These come directly from LG, so there shouldn't be any problems. I'm also installing it too.

cf865a1040701dbdaca38d133243c745.jpg

Chris Cravens

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm still getting this notification. When i tap it it takes me to the app updates page, but nothing happens. I click on the apps shown, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Dana Pietsch

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Compatibility update Fix

Had the same problem. Nothing happening when tapping on items it asked about. Went into "Settings" on phone, then into "Sound & Notifications" go down to "Apps." Go to "Every App" that notification is showing and turn them "Off" from any notification up_dates, etc.. After that! "Turn off & Restart" phone and it should be gone. That's what I did and it worked! Good Luck. Hope this helps.

Brendan James1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

goku_vegeta

Q&A Team
Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this notification and update too in my LG G5 (great phone btw). Haven't done anything with it yet as I too was a little wary because of the lack of information.

Are we saying this is definitely safe and needed then?

Cheers,
It's safe to install but I have no idea what changed. Everything still looks and feels the same.

GarguntaV5

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Nothing. My files won't show up on the computer. I thought it was a heating issue so I put it in the freezer for a few minutes to let it cool off and tried again but it's still stuck on a boot logo

Jamaican SueSue

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Could be a sign of the bootloop. I wouldn't think it's related to the patch.

I installed the compatibility patch and then my phone rebooted. But i could not open up the play store again, and alot of my apps could not be opened. So i had to delete them all. I tried everything from clearing the cache and forcing the play store app to stop. But it would not work. I finally factory resetted my phone. I had to start over but atleast everything was back to normal. Now my phone is telling me to download the patch again. But no thank you! I will gladly go w/o it. I dont want to risk starting over again. BEWARE!!✋

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc