My LG G4 has just developed the infamous bootloop problem. I've factory reset it (after freezing it and blasting it with a hairdryer), and done everything I've read up about how to get it up and running if it's a software issue. It's an early one with a serial number in the range of those known to have the hardware problem, so by all accounts it's a goner!

The phone is UK sourced from a UK based online seller, unlocked and SIM free. I'm not in a contract, and it's over 12 months old. Has anybody in these circumstances got a repair or replacement from LG or from the seller? Does anyone have advice if neither are prepared to do anything?
    09-12-2016 05:06 AM
    I'd contact LG and see if you get lucky. Because UK contracts are 2 yrs the handsets will come with a 2yr warranty. Now, i know you're not on contract, but as said you may get lucky and they just repair for free. It's not so much a software issue, it a hardware one as when it happened to my handset the repair stated they replaced the motherboard. Good luck!
    09-14-2016 01:25 PM
    That freezing trick probably screwed you.. Its a 50 50 chance. It usually happens if you try an update it but the update fails or if you try and root it.. Also could be a software issue or memory issue. This is probably no help but you're better off putting your phone in a toaster xD
    09-14-2016 10:11 PM
    Well I sent it back to the retailer over a month ago, and I have received it back a few days ago. So far so good. The ticket inside the box says that the main board has been replaced.

It looks like LG had it for a week to repair, but the retailer only seemed to send it off and post it out to me as a result of my emails asking for updates.

I had used the excuse of my phone dying to buy myself a new one (Galaxy S7), but I prefer this G4 simply 'cos it's more comfortable to hold (with the leather back).
    10-22-2016 05:53 AM