I have been having a problem with Voice to Text not working, and not being able to respond to texts from a contact I previously had never had a problem with. Verizon Tier Two tech had me reset all my Preferences and default to the stock LG messanging app, then switch back. Between the two, my problems seem to be solved. However, I got a "Can't get MMS: Timeout" message. I've sent a couple texts to my wife, and she gets them right away, so is this a problem?
    10-30-2016 12:19 PM
    Getting and sending are different. You get from the sender's carrier's server, you send to your (Verizon, in this case) carrier's server. If all your messages with an MMS attachment produce that message, I'd suspect the app, otherwise I'd suspect the sender's carrier. (And if they're using an iPhone, even on Verizon, Apple is having problems with texts, so wait it out.)
    10-30-2016 12:28 PM
    Getting and sending are different. You get from the sender's carrier's server, you send to your (Verizon, in this case) carrier's server. If all your messages with an MMS attachment produce that message, I'd suspect the app, otherwise I'd suspect the sender's carrier. (And if they're using an iPhone, even on Verizon, Apple is having problems with texts, so wait it out.)
    My phone is getting the MMS fail message before I send a text, it was popping up on the Alert pull down screen. Not sure what it means. Might be the reason my wife's iPhone is getting my texts, but no audible alert. I think she gets alerts from other people, but trying to figure that out
    10-30-2016 06:50 PM