Can i repair G4 charger?

mhoj kfn

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello
About 1 month ago my lg g4 charger brake suddenly but i tried a lot i was unable to connect plug by usual cooper wire. inside of charger its look like the metal used its not flexible ad breakable .is there any way to repair it?
m1.JPG

m2.JPG

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure - if you open the case, and you're experienced enough to solder on some wire that's insulated enough to carry house voltage, and you can put a plug on it. Which is probably going to cost about as much as buying a new charger.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Mate, just buy another one. I don't get why you would want to risk repairing it? The fact that you need to come on here to ask such a question proves you are not competent to repair electrical items, and will probably end up giving yourself an electric shock, or worse killing yourself. Don't be so cheap and just buy another one!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely just buy a new one. It's not worth the risk. Look online. Or go to your local electronic store where they carry them.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have like 20 of them in my house. :p You sure you don't have another USB adapter you could use? Pretty much any USB adapter could charge the G4.. some maybe a little slower but would work.

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
That does look like a difficult fix. You really are better off getting a new one. However if I were to attempt a fix, I'd add a metal pin as the conductor inside the posts. That's the only way you'll provide enough strength to keep the posts from breaking off again.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
My guess is the OP does not live in an area where he/she has easy access to a new charger, so in cases like that a repair may be their only alternative.

That said, I think an attempt at a repair would be a risky adventure given all the news of "exploding" phones these days.

David

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
My guess is the OP does not live in an area where he/she has easy access to a new charger, so in cases like that a repair may be their only alternative.

That said, I think an attempt at a repair would be a risky adventure given all the news of "exploding" phones these days.

David
You heard of Amazon or eBay bro? Just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams