Good afternoon all,
    Is there a definitive fix/solution to this godforsaken problem?

It seems to be affecting the draw over other apps and storage permissions on my phone.

All my apps are defaulted as "draw over - yes". I've tried changing all of the apps to no, but this makes no apparent difference. I don't have the patience to try combinations - there are too many apps - unless there is a proven fix lol.

All help and advice gratefully received.
    12-07-2016 07:30 AM
    Every time I have this pop up for a new app, I just have to say no to Facebook messenger, additive the new app, then turn messenger on again... Worked about ten times now.. It's a pain, but it has been doing the trick...
    ManiacJoe and Stuart Blyth like this.
    12-07-2016 08:42 AM
    Same here. Mine is an app called Screen Dim.
    ManiacJoe and Stuart Blyth like this.
    12-07-2016 11:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The problem is that there is no single universal answer, as you can tell by looking at the many threads that currently exist, like this one: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ly-select.html
    Stuart Blyth likes this.
    12-07-2016 12:48 PM
    Yes it is very annoying for sure. My Lux Dash app is always the only one I have to turn off to accept new apps or run new apps for the first time when this happens.
    Stuart Blyth and lostchild like this.
    12-08-2016 09:23 AM
    Yes it is very annoying for sure. My Lux Dash app is always the only one I have to turn off to accept new apps or run new apps for the first time when this happens.
    Same for me. I used to be able to use "Alternate Screen Overlay" option in Lux to not turn on Screen Overlay. But it seems to work for certain OS version and not others. I really hate all those permission and settings required to run an app. It used to be that you installed an app it will run. Now you have to go thru a bunch of "Do you want to let it do.. " questions to run it the first time.
    Stuart Blyth likes this.
    12-11-2016 02:58 PM
    Screen Overlay detected problem solved:
    Follow this simple guide:
    >Settings
    >Apps
    >Option(Three Dots)
    >Click on “Draw Over Other Apps” OR “App Can Appear on Top” whichever option available in your device…
    >Now list of apps whose screen overlay is enabled will appear…
    >Disable /Turn Off For All App…
    Then Your Problem Must Be Solved…

This is my first post on android central and I want to make my authority on Android Central..
    So please review my answer....
    04-04-2017 01:55 AM