trusted locations

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
hello
I'm getting very very very very annoyed with the g4 . I've owned the phone for about 15 months and at first everything was good but over the last three months things have gone wrong. I got the boot loop which got sent away and fixed but on return it still wont do the trusted locations properly. This used to be ok but for a month or so before the boot loop issue happened trusted became intermittent then boot loop , returned with a new board but still the same problem.
Rang lg but not a great deal of help but somehow the next day got it working and worked for 4 days as expected but then today nothing no matter what I try.
So my question is there someone who can give me THE definitive way to set this up. I've tried so many things and ways and somehow it will work for some unknown reason for a bit then stop. What I would like is a step by step guide 1st do this if nothing do that etc etc

PLEASE HELP OR THIS PHONE WILL HAVE A VERY FAST APPROACH TO A BRICK WALL

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell us in more detail what's going on when you try to set Trusted Locations? Do the locations seem to disappear after you set them? Does the phone not seem to realize that you're in one of your Trusted Locations?

Rockets123

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
hello
So my question is there someone who can give me THE definitive way to set this up. I've tried so many things and ways and somehow it will work for some unknown reason for a bit then stop. What I would like is a step by step guide 1st do this if nothing do that etc etc

Both of mine have always had this issue but I have been able to reduce the drop outs quite a bit, I have two locations, home and work, both are roughly the same physical size where one entry should cover both BUT......

When it is cloudy or I am in my basement it seems like the sats are a bit off, when I have to use the lock screen I set up a new trusted place, I can often see even though I am sitting in the same chair it has shifted to the back yard or the neighbors yard.

I have perhaps 8 trusted places set up for each of the twp physical locations.

I also normally do I system cache clear (not app cache clear) when this happens.

This has cleaned up most of my trusted place issues, about once a month it hits again, I hit my pin, give it a half hour and see if it repeats and if it does I clean my system cache.

It's went from a issue to mainly a once a month cache clean reboot.

(Mine bootlooped a few months ago too)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair