LG G4 Not charging properly and not recognised by my computer

logan51515

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi clever comp people! I've had my LG G4 for around a year and a half now. Yesterday it suddenly stopped charging. I haven't dropped or damaged it (as far as I know). I have tried different batteries and different chargers.

What happens is, if I put a battery in, it normally does nothing, but every so often it will start the circular loading bar. It then shows that my battery is almost full and charging (The blue loading bar). Then it tries to turn on and get's stuck on the LG Life's good page.....

It' coming up as unknown on my computer.

I don't think it's the famous bootloop problem as it only tries to boot once.

I've tried a system reset, but it only get's to the screen with the option and then dies...

Very confused. Could be the micro SD reader I guess? In which case.... new phone? but I want my information off the phone =/. Any help pc/ phone geniuses, and I would be forever grateful! Thank you!

logan51515

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
When I take the battery out and plug in the charger, the screen has a missing battery icon flashing? Which makes me think that it's recognising the micro SD. Maybe it's a software problem?

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
In that case send of for repair or replacement if under warranty. If not under warranty I'd simply start looking for a new handset other than LG. The G4 is a great phone, but as like most LG products not reliable. I won't be looking to purchase any LG products again.

Minto107

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Sadly your phone is dead. Return it to store say it bootlooped(google it for more info). Its common issue on all old G4s. There are playing DIYs how to repair it yourself, to download all your data and then return it back to store where you purchased it

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Is it bootloop if it only tries to turn on once and get's stuck? I thought boot loop constantly tries to boot?
The thing is everyone is stuck on this bootloop thing like it's the only issue with the G4. Yes, bootloop is common, but sometimes the G4 just powers off and won't turn back on and that's down to the motherboard burning out. Whatever you wish to call it the handset is broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

parth00790

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
ok . is it stuck on boot animation ?? whatever it is on your device .
try to go to boot loader . google it for more .
if you are able to enter boot loader. inform here for next steps