Can't get rid of "Background data restricted: Touch to remove restriction" notification

fcxzsct

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
My phone is an LG G4. The Android version is 6.0. I turned off background data for all apps, but I have a notification that says "Background data restricted: touch to remove restriction." Unlike other notifications, I can't get rid of it by swiping it. It also appears on the lock screen, which is the major source of annoyance. I can prevent notifications from appearing on the lock screen, but then I wouldn't be able to see if I have any new texts from the lock screen (which I want to be able to do). And I absolutely do not want apps using background data.

I've found a few other times people have had this same problem, but the solutions offered to them do not work in my case (including holding the notification bar and clicking on "Wi-Fi Only," which I can't find anywhere in my settings).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't get rid of "Background data restricted: Touch to remove restriction" notification

Welcome to Android Central! Swipe down the notification panel and long-press the notification, then App Info. What app is responsible for the notification? You can go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and turn off its notifications there. It's presumably a system app, so you might have to tap the Menu button in the Settings>Apps menu, then select Show System.

Be aware that blocking notifications from a system app might have other repercussions if that app is also responsible for many other system notifications.

fcxzsct

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Can't get rid of "Background data restricted: Touch to remove restriction" notification

Thank you for the reply. It says "Android System," which doesn't seem to allow me to turn off notifications for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463