how to never have text messages delete unless i delete them on g4

A

AC Question

I have a lg g4 and I don't want to have it delete any text messages with out me doing so. I have changed the settings so It should not delete them, but when I scroll back through my messages I can not find them it only says old items after a few months back.

I know about backing them up to gmail/whatever, I am looking to have them stay on my phone as well.

any help is appreciated. thank you for your time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Hmm, if you have specifically selected the option in your Settings to never have your messages deleted by the system, it's strange that they're not popping up in your individual conversation threads.

Have you looked at any apps that can help you store important things like text messages, photos, etc?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a different texting app? It could be something to do with the one you're using now preventing it from showing texts past a certain time. For example, the V20's stock email app only displays up to 2 months of emails, so I switched to the Yahoo Mail app to see older emails.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Every time I get a new phone the first app I install is called "SMS Backup+". It backs up every SMS, MMS, and phone log entry to labels in Gmail, including attached pictures in MMS. I have every text and phone call log back to 2010 in my Gmail. Being Gmail, they are searchable too. It can restore them all back to the phone but I've never used that part of it.

Oh, and it's free!