I bought my G4 new in July 2015, and had no real problems with it. Read plenty of threads about the boot looping issue, but figured I just got lucky. Of course, I guess there's nothing more certain than death, taxes and now G4 Boot Looping .

First of all, is it possible the latest software issue caused it? I have read a lot of posts from people like me who just had this happen, a few days after the update. If so, maybe it's just a software issue??

Second, I bought a Square Trade extended warranty. First thing they wanted to do was send me a new battery. I told them not to bother. Then, they told me to get it repaired. Is LG extending the original warranty and fixing them for free? If so, does the new MoBo fix the issue? Or do I need to find a repair shop, and send the bill to Square Trade?

Has anyone dealt with this issue through Square trade, and if so, how did the resolution go?
    06-14-2017 03:31 PM
    Sounds like LG is still honoring the warranty eventhough the original one year warranty has long expired. Had to hang up before I could finish the process with the LG rep
    06-14-2017 04:38 PM
    I was told they extended the 1 year warranty to 15 months. Woo. Worked for me because I had first one replaced rather than repaired. That one just boot looped a couple months ago, 13 months after I got it. LG fixed in a day, but it took FedEx a week each way to ship.
    06-14-2017 09:26 PM
    Going to try the LG route and see what happens. Sending in with my own 2 day Air UPS shipping, since it looks like it could take 10-12 days for the slow-boat free FedEX ground package (according to the LG return instructions estimate) and worth a little extra money to get this done.
    06-17-2017 08:59 AM