Should I upgrade to LG V30 from a malfunctioning LG G4?

Abhishek De

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I have been an LG G4 user for the past 2 years and it's been a great phone and I have utilized its marvellous rear camera for many stunning clicks. For me, the camera (the rear one, mind you) ranks very high in my mobile decision making process and 2 years ago, this was the mobile which had stolen the crown.

But down the line, I started getting weird problems when the phone display would start behaving erratically and start opening random apps, all the while flickering like some old school CRT tube monitor!! I pinpointed this behaviour mostly to when sufficient network is not available, and so in such situations, I just resort to literally try to stranglehold my mobile while it's making frantic moves and switch it to aeroplane mode. Once I'm successful in the attempt, the phone ceases to be restless and the screen becomes steady once again.

But this can't continue forever.
I have read through other solutions over the net by people who had faced the same issue and that involves serious tinkering and manually replacing the entire screen unit. I'm not some diy guy that I'd just pop out the screen and pop another one in without a sweat. I know I'd land the phone in a bigger mess if I tried. I had once tried to get it serviced, but they had said they would charge such an exorbitant amount for replacing the screen, that I felt that if I paid so much for just a screen replacement, I might just go all the way and buy a new mobile itself.

Which brings me down to the question I have. As far as I'm seeing, the V30 has the best camera hands down of all the current mobiles. But it's once again from the LG stable. So I'm facing some trepidation as to whether this phone would also let me down 2 years down the line. I mean, LG G4 was the flagship, for God's sake. Should I expect only 2 years of service from an expensive flagship mobile? So what is to prevent the V30 from going down the same route? Could someone please tell me whether LG had taken care of this issue in its subsequent phones?

I should also mention that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or even the S8 or S8+ are simply out of the question. I'm a daily commuter in a third world country where we have to keep in mind that anything which is not tied in to your body may be pickpocketed!! A sword of a mobile poking out of my pocket would just make the job easier!! Also from their looks, they seem to be quite fragile. On the other hand, the V30 has military grade durability. So please guys, help me decide.

citronbull

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved my leather back G4! AFter that I went to the V20 and to the G6. I guess you can say I'm an LG fan. I don't see why the V30 won't last you at least 2 years. Get it, pretty sure you won't regret it.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
No doubt. I loved my G4, but the V30 will undoubtedly be more power efficient, better display and improved camera. Get it.

Abhishek De

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
But that's the problem. Would you say that just two years is a good ask from a flagship mobile? Also the V30 costs even more than what the G4 cost at its launch. So are they making it good enough to definitely last more than 2 years? Even normal mid range mobiles last 2 years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800