11-12-2018 05:40 AM
42 12
tools
    Same exact phone. Uninstalled zedge, and now I'm down to 1 of 1. I don't have localcast for chromecast or myfitnesspal, anybody know of other apps that cause this?
    05-22-2018 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the Zedge tip, that worked for me on my LG V10
    And on my wife LG G4 the culprit was MyFitnessPal

Hope that helps!
    Avidm likes this.
    05-26-2018 04:43 PM
    I think there are a few apps which are causing the issue. For me it was my London Bus app.

I think it's this one: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...times&hl=en_US)

It's quite reproducible -- when I install it I have to wait 10-12 minutes for phone to boot. When I uninstall it it's about 20 seconds.

If you guys don't have any of the apps listed here then it would be super helpful if you could try uninstalling a few of them to see if you can figure out which one it is. (I know it's so boring but it might help other people out. Just put on a good film or something.)
    05-27-2018 01:41 PM
    I had exactly the same problem. I found the solution on the web. The culprit turned out to be an app called "localcast for chromecast". If you have it, erase it and your problem will probably be over. It worked for me.
    Let us know if it worked for you!
    Yeah, that app gave me the same super annoying problem some weeks/months back. Deleted apps one by one to figure it out. However, that app (if updated to current version) does NOT have that issue any longer.
    05-27-2018 02:46 PM
    Android Is Starting- "Optimizing", 1 0f 3. Removed ZEDGE. Now I get "Optimizing", 1 0f 2. Is there a way of looking at your apps install dates and back tracking to delete the most recent until you fix the problem??? BTW: thanks to all of you who pointed out ZEDGE, which I have had several yrs.
    For future reference, yes, there is a way to see what your most recently installed and/or updated apps are. Go to the Play Store, click "my apps", and then click the sort by icon and change it to "last updated". Def helped me figure out this issue when I had it.
    05-27-2018 02:48 PM
    Had this problem too, and for me it was MyFitnessPal that caused it.
    Uninstalled it, and phone boots fine.

Interestingly, reinstalled it, and it took ages to install, but phone still starts quickly now, even with it installed!
    Avidm likes this.
    05-29-2018 07:36 AM
    Had this problem too, and for me it was MyFitnessPal that caused it.
    Uninstalled it, and phone boots fine.

Interestingly, reinstalled it, and it took ages to install, but phone still starts quickly now, even with it installed!
    Having the same issue with MyFitnessPal. Removed it and the problem was fixed, put it back on from Google Play and it took an age to install, like half hour but came back fine. Had to swap battery over and it was back to optimising app again
    05-30-2018 07:02 AM
    Having the same issue with MyFitnessPal. Removed it and the problem was fixed, put it back on from Google Play and it took an age to install, like half hour but came back fine. Had to swap battery over and it was back to optimising app again
    Chiming in ... AT&T LG V10 - same exact issue. For me it was MyFitnessPal within the last week. Uninstall, rebooted super fast, installed (normal install speed), rebooted again no issues, but the boot time was 2x the speed without MyFitnessPal being installed. I'm back to happy now. Thanks all for the suggestions!
    05-31-2018 07:03 AM
    Every time I reboot my LG G4 I get the Android is starting. Optimizing app 1 of 1... and takes about 15 minutes to finish each time.
    I've tried booting into recovery mode to wipe the partition cache, but the phone won't seem to boot into recovery mode by Holding the Power button and volume down buttons on boot. It ignores it.
    I've also tried using the adb reboot-bootloader command but it just reboots as usual with the only difference is that it displays a message saying: "Select enable OEM in the settings". Not sure what that means.
    I have never rooted this phone.
    I had the EXACT same problem. After uninstalling apps one by one, I uninstalled Google Calender and phone now works perfectly.
    06-15-2018 09:45 AM
    I just removed Pokemon GO and Bethesda Pinball and the problem went away
    06-15-2018 08:10 PM
    Issue seems fixed. No apps uninstalled, so something must have auto updated.
    06-19-2018 09:30 AM
    sorry but nothing helped..

how can I find out (maybe in android logs?) which app is causing it?

thank you very much!
    07-02-2018 06:28 AM
    I have had the same issue on my lg v10 for about a week. I removed the Zedge app and it fixed the problem. I had the app for over a year without any problems, so didn't suspect that it was causing the issue until I found this forum.
    07-26-2018 06:31 AM
    How do I identify this Zedge app that is causing this problems, I have almost deleted all my apps yet the same issues occur
    07-26-2018 06:34 AM
    How do I identify this Zedge app that is causing this problems, I have almost deleted all my apps yet the same issues occur
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid&hl=en_US

Uninstall any wallpaper apps. See if that helps.
    07-26-2018 07:54 AM
    Likewise have been having this issue for the past week. Never even heard of Zedge, and don't have the Localcast app either. My G4 bootlooped about 14 months ago and was fixed by LG (FOC) and thought it had happened again, but it does eventually boot.
    Probably unrelated but Fast Charging no longer works, only standard (slow) speed works.
    It's interesting that you should mention that because I noticed my G4 starting to have this problem after I started using a samsung quick charger! I've had Zedge since I got this phone and never had an issue. I don't believe I have localcast app that a few others have mentioned but yeah. I've been wondering if maybe the charger had something to do with it. I've also noticed my battery doesn't last nearly as long. I can go from 100% to dead in a hour, 90 mins tops. I try not to let my phone die at all, for the simple fact that it's such a hassle to get it turned back on. I've also noticed that when my phone does die, I'll plug it in for a few seconds and the charging icon will pop up indicating that my phone is at 8%.
    08-22-2018 10:54 PM
    i have the exact same problem with Samsung S7 Edge. It also started at about the same time. I dont think this is specific to phone model. It has to be some issue with recent updates to apps we all have in our same. Since I dont have ZEDGE on my phone, it has to be something ads-related that come with apps that are also in other apps I got in my phone or a problematic common Android system apps that ZEDGE and the app I got on my phone. Now, if only someone can identify what is that and I will uninstall the crap right away.
    Same question. I still have one app that's causing an issue. Any idea how to figure out which one is problematic?
    I ran with the theory mentioned by Watch Man and started uninstalling apps with ads, one at a time. In my case, the culprit was Smule.

Edit: I have two LG G4s, one AT&T and one Verizon. Uninstalling Smule was the immediate fix for both phones.

Edit 2: Reinstalling Smule caused the 15 minute "Optimizing Apps" issue happen again. So the root cause is not a jacked up installation. This further supports the ads theory.
    11-12-2018 05:40 AM
42 12