LG G4 stuck on Android is starting

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

tomdurkin

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Likewise have been having this issue for the past week. Never even heard of Zedge, and don't have the Localcast app either. My G4 bootlooped about 14 months ago and was fixed by LG (FOC) and thought it had happened again, but it does eventually boot.
Probably unrelated but Fast Charging no longer works, only standard (slow) speed works.

Cambridge219

May 21, 2018
Visit site
I have had the same issue on my lg v10 for about a week. I removed the Zedge app and it fixed the problem. I had the app for over a year without any problems, so didn't suspect that it was causing the issue until I found this forum.

jbj10497

May 23, 2018
Visit site
Same exact phone. Uninstalled zedge, and now I'm down to 1 of 1. I don't have localcast for chromecast or myfitnesspal, anybody know of other apps that cause this?

Last edited:

splatface_3

May 27, 2018
Visit site
I think there are a few apps which are causing the issue. For me it was my London Bus app.

I think it's this one: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobispector.bustimes&hl=en_US)

It's quite reproducible -- when I install it I have to wait 10-12 minutes for phone to boot. When I uninstall it it's about 20 seconds.

If you guys don't have any of the apps listed here then it would be super helpful if you could try uninstalling a few of them to see if you can figure out which one it is. (I know it's so boring but it might help other people out. Just put on a good film or something.)

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem. I found the solution on the web. The culprit turned out to be an app called "localcast for chromecast". If you have it, erase it and your problem will probably be over. It worked for me.
Let us know if it worked for you!
Yeah, that app gave me the same super annoying problem some weeks/months back. Deleted apps one by one to figure it out. However, that app (if updated to current version) does NOT have that issue any longer.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Android Is Starting- "Optimizing", 1 0f 3. Removed ZEDGE. Now I get "Optimizing", 1 0f 2. Is there a way of looking at your apps install dates and back tracking to delete the most recent until you fix the problem??? BTW: thanks to all of you who pointed out ZEDGE, which I have had several yrs.
For future reference, yes, there is a way to see what your most recently installed and/or updated apps are. Go to the Play Store, click "my apps", and then click the sort by icon and change it to "last updated". Def helped me figure out this issue when I had it.

rozwellUK

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Had this problem too, and for me it was MyFitnessPal that caused it.
Uninstalled it, and phone boots fine.

Interestingly, reinstalled it, and it took ages to install, but phone still starts quickly now, even with it installed!

Avidm

May 30, 2018
Visit site
Had this problem too, and for me it was MyFitnessPal that caused it.
Uninstalled it, and phone boots fine.

Interestingly, reinstalled it, and it took ages to install, but phone still starts quickly now, even with it installed!

Having the same issue with MyFitnessPal. Removed it and the problem was fixed, put it back on from Google Play and it took an age to install, like half hour but came back fine. Had to swap battery over and it was back to optimising app again :'(

Alistair M

May 31, 2018
Visit site
Having the same issue with MyFitnessPal. Removed it and the problem was fixed, put it back on from Google Play and it took an age to install, like half hour but came back fine. Had to swap battery over and it was back to optimising app again :'(

Chiming in ... AT&T LG V10 - same exact issue. For me it was MyFitnessPal within the last week. Uninstall, rebooted super fast, installed (normal install speed), rebooted again no issues, but the boot time was 2x the speed without MyFitnessPal being installed. I'm back to happy now. Thanks all for the suggestions!

Isabella Ribeiro

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Every time I reboot my LG G4 I get the Android is starting. Optimizing app 1 of 1... and takes about 15 minutes to finish each time.
I've tried booting into recovery mode to wipe the partition cache, but the phone won't seem to boot into recovery mode by Holding the Power button and volume down buttons on boot. It ignores it.
I've also tried using the adb reboot-bootloader command but it just reboots as usual with the only difference is that it displays a message saying: "Select enable OEM in the settings". Not sure what that means.
I have never rooted this phone.

I had the EXACT same problem. After uninstalling apps one by one, I uninstalled Google Calender and phone now works perfectly.

Matus45

Mar 30, 2018
Visit site
sorry but nothing helped..

how can I find out (maybe in android logs?) which app is causing it?

thank you very much! :)

glovent

Jul 26, 2018
Visit site
I have had the same issue on my lg v10 for about a week. I removed the Zedge app and it fixed the problem. I had the app for over a year without any problems, so didn't suspect that it was causing the issue until I found this forum.

How do I identify this Zedge app that is causing this problems, I have almost deleted all my apps yet the same issues occur

Last edited by a moderator:

crowmir92

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Likewise have been having this issue for the past week. Never even heard of Zedge, and don't have the Localcast app either. My G4 bootlooped about 14 months ago and was fixed by LG (FOC) and thought it had happened again, but it does eventually boot.
Probably unrelated but Fast Charging no longer works, only standard (slow) speed works.

It's interesting that you should mention that because I noticed my G4 starting to have this problem after I started using a samsung quick charger! I've had Zedge since I got this phone and never had an issue. I don't believe I have localcast app that a few others have mentioned but yeah. I've been wondering if maybe the charger had something to do with it. I've also noticed my battery doesn't last nearly as long. I can go from 100% to dead in a hour, 90 mins tops. I try not to let my phone die at all, for the simple fact that it's such a hassle to get it turned back on. I've also noticed that when my phone does die, I'll plug it in for a few seconds and the charging icon will pop up indicating that my phone is at 8%.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze