So I actually didn't notice until I missed several calls that my phone is stuck in headphone mode. I think I know what the cause is: I dropped my phone in the sink (I know, butter fingers) and therefore perhaps it's fried the jack or the speaker itself.

Increasing the volume of the ringtone makes noise, and I just heard a notification sound after signing up here and receiving the confirmation email but I can't get music, video games and other media to play anything.

I've connected a pair of headphones and can hear media through that, but unplugging it still keeps the phone in headphones mode.

It's a little irritating, as I had a few calls yesterday and it ended them a few seconds after I accepted the call. I couldn't hear anybody speaking and I'm unsure whether they could hear me.

Any suggestions?
    05-28-2018 02:45 AM
    Sorry, but bad news. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!

Then watch

to see what happens if you get a phone wet. (She's working on iPhone boards, but the same thing happens to most electronics. [Military electronics is still probably so heavily varnished that a week in the ocean at depth wouldn't damage the boards, but they're not repairable, they get replaced if a part goes bad.])
    05-28-2018 04:28 PM