Hello, I have an LG G4 with a problem. The screen is very dark but it gets fixed when I push (and keep pushed) pretty hard on the lower part of the screen (right above the connector or headphones jack). I tried opening it and disconnecting / reconnecting the screen cables and even tried pushing all the components below the screen but I didn't manage to fix it. I even tried pushing pretty much anything on the lower part of the screen with the phone on but that didn't work. Closing the phone and keep pushing the lower part of the screen still works and it's the only way to light the screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance!
    10-06-2018 07:15 AM
    Hello, I have an LG G4 with a problem. The screen is very dark but it gets fixed when I push (and keep pushed) pretty hard on the lower part of the screen (right above the connector or headphones jack). I tried opening it and disconnecting / reconnecting / pushing the screen cables and even tried pushing all the components below the screen but I didn't manage to fix it. I even tried pushing pretty much anything on the lower part of the screen with the phone still on but that didn't work. Closing the phone and keep pushing the lower part of the screen still works and it's the only way to light the screen like if it was something related to the screen and not to components or cables. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance!
    10-06-2018 07:18 AM
    Sounds like the screen assembly is due for replacement.
    10-06-2018 08:10 AM
    You can't, really. There's a problem (maybe a loose contact) in the LED layer of the screen. You'd have to disassemble all the layers (the LED layer is on the bottom of the sandwich), fix it, and reassemble it. Having the screen replaced is a lot cheaper.

(Merged duplicate threads.)
    10-06-2018 01:24 PM