I have two batteries for my lg g5 that i charge in an external charger and they are only going to maybe 93% in the charger, but will go 100% in the phone. Do you think it's a battery problem or charger problem? Considering getting a charger/battery combo to see how they do. Thank you!
    02-05-2021 10:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! My guess would be a charger issue, although those batteries are pretty old at this point and certainly could be starting to deteriorate. Are you able to test any other batteries in it?
    02-05-2021 12:17 PM
    Thank you B.! I'm making the investment in a pair of batteries with a charger, so I can test and post results. Love having the phone with replaceable batteries.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-08-2021 09:40 AM
    I think I'd trust the stand alone charger over the phone. The charger can sense exactly what is going into the battery. The phone has to guesstimate the charge level to some extent due to the variable loads while the phone is in use.

Getting new batteries at this point will be a bit of a gamble as well. Any "new" battery would be several years old and already at risk of deterioration due to age. May still be worth it for the price, but I wouldn't expect them to have full advertised capacity. Even new ones fresh off the line often don't have full capacity, which is just the nature of the beast.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-08-2021 10:39 AM
    In addition, even the aftermarket replacement batteries are a gamble. Many of them are junk. I had one that worked well for a while, but became badly swollen after a few months, and I almost couldn't get it out of the phone. Really my G5 in general became very sluggish and battery-eating the last couple months that I used it, to the point that I could no longer stand using it, even after a full device wipe.
    02-08-2021 02:27 PM