The future G5?

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope that they keep the removable battery at least. That is important to me personally. Also, my G4 is the max that I could deal with size wise. No, no bigger, or even a mm or few smaller, would suit me just fine. I had the G2 and went to the G4, which I love, so I like what LG has been doing overall. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
No, we can't wait. Things are commercially driven. We have to help keep the flow going. The future is almost upon us. In one sense the G4 is history. It's out. We know what its specs are. So we can't help looking further ahead and speculating. It's fun to do so, too. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

To Quote the late lamented Yogi Berra, 'the future ain't what it used to be.'

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
If it's bigger than the current offering I'm out. I'd rather stick with LG since my experience with this product has been absolutely wonderful...but it's size is already at my outer limits.

BTW...keep the SD and battery features please.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the G2 and went to the G4, which I love, so I like what LG has been doing overall. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Was there anything you did NOT like in going from G2 to G4 (other than size, which I also prefer to keep at 5.2")?

I hope the G5 retains the IR blaster...I actually use those things! And I hope they continue with decent support (unlike my Moto Maxx...Motorola support isn't nearly as good).

I bet G5 will likely have a later iteration of the 820 long with the "standard" 4 gigs of fast ram, etc. which is what we would expect...but I have no idea what the next "leap" is that we're not seeing as far as phone capability.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I hope not, I'm totally in love with LG phones. I have a G3, just replaced the battery. I think I can squeeze another year out of it... I came here because I have an upgrade to use but if I can make it another year to the LG G5 (or next LG flagship) it might be worth it... G4 sounds great too though. (VZW models)

Just a tip...hold off on any upgrade until after you've been running Marshmallow on your G3 a while. Once you have it, I doubt the upgrade to G4 would be significant enough to override waiting a little longer for the G5 with its 14nm processor and all of the inherent improvements that come with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith