The future G5?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think will be in the new iteration of LG's lineup? A different processor? Upgraded screen? Will they keep the removable battery and SD card?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
They're a clever and innovative company. What would be useful to many of us - and I believe it's just technically possible, or at least under development - would be displays that correct for deficiencies of eyesight. No need to fumble for your reading glasses....if you can remember where you put them last. I can imagine LG giving that their attention. :)

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can we at least wait till the current iteration is released before starting this kind of thread?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No, we can't wait. Things are commercially driven. We have to help keep the flow going. The future is almost upon us. In one sense the G4 is history. It's out. We know what its specs are. So we can't help looking further ahead and speculating. It's fun to do so, too. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think will be in the new iteration of LG's lineup? A different processor? Upgraded screen? Will they keep the removable battery and SD card?

A different processor will be in it for sure. The screen will be upgraded because technology is always evolving. I will go out on a limb and say that they will NOT keep the removable battery and SD card. Not in the flagship anyway. I see them getting rid of it. The software will be refined and improved. I also believe that more than just leather and plastic will be used in next year's phone. The camera, as good as the G4 camera is, will be better. Oh yeah, LG will have a fingerprint scanner in next year's phone as well.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
umm i think since the g4 isnt released yet its too early to talk about a g5. besides the fact the current rumor is lg will stop making g phones.

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
umm i think since the g4 isnt released yet its too early to talk about a g5. besides the fact the current rumor is lg will stop making g phones.

I hope not, I'm totally in love with LG phones. I have a G3, just replaced the battery. I think I can squeeze another year out of it... I came here because I have an upgrade to use but if I can make it another year to the LG G5 (or next LG flagship) it might be worth it... G4 sounds great too though. (VZW models)

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
LG G 6 concept phone prototype circa 2018.jpgi heard rumours it will be like the holo watches or wristbands from star trek or something like that and will have a 28core cpu with 10000gb of ram built in and for storage 320gbs with an addition 6TB on sd card it will also out sell any iphone crap bein sold at the time

Last edited:

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
A different processor will be in it for sure. The screen will be upgraded because technology is always evolving. I will go out on a limb and say that they will NOT keep the removable battery and SD card. Not in the flagship anyway. I see them getting rid of it. The software will be refined and improved. I also believe that more than just leather and plastic will be used in next year's phone. The camera, as good as the G4 camera is, will be better. Oh yeah, LG will have a fingerprint scanner in next year's phone as well.
I don't know if LG will ditch the removable battery/SD card or not, but you know they're watching customer reaction to Samsung doing so, and new G4 customer's reaction to keeping it. If LG's research says people yawn, it's gone. If people cheer and take advantage of those deals for an extra battery and SD card, it'll be back to keep the one thing no other phone has. If they get rid of the SD card, maybe the base config will be 64GB to keep a leg up.
Similar thing with the scanner. Some reviews say how can LG not have one, others don't get excited. It does seem like something they're going to have to add to keep up with Samsung.

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
i heard rumours it will be like the holo watches or wristbands from star trek or something like that and will have a 28core cpu with 10000gb of ram built in and for storage 320gbs with an addition 6TB on sd card it will also out sell any iphone crap bein sold at the time

You sir, are correct.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This is Android Central. If anyone believes manufacturers don't pay attention to this site for feedback and ideas, you should leave AC immediately and never return until your brain starts working again. Of course it's important for us to say what we hope will be on future devices! We're the ones who will purchase these products or not. In the case of the G5 (or G4 Pro), LG will probably stand to gain a lot of Samsung users who will be dissatisfied with the upcoming Note 5. So let's keep those wish lists coming!

I just hope they keep the replaceable battery and microSD option. Everything else is gravy.

Posted via Android Central App

shanekweens

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
This is Android Central. If anyone believes manufacturers don't pay attention to this site for feedback and ideas, you should leave AC immediately and never return until your brain starts working again. Of course it's important for us to say what we hope will be on future devices! We're the ones who will purchase these products or not. In the case of the G5 (or G4 Pro), LG will probably stand to gain a lot of Samsung users who will be dissatisfied with the upcoming Note 5. So let's keep those wish lists coming!

I just hope they keep the replaceable battery and microSD option. Everything else is gravy.

Posted via Android Central App

Exactly! What else is this forum for? I also agree with the removable battery and sd card inclusion along with hopefully the rumored 4100 mah battery along with fast charging, wireless charging, apt-x high quality Bluetooth support, HD audio support with flac, good quality front firing speaker, dust, water and shockproof.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if LG will ditch the removable battery/SD card or not, but you know they're watching customer reaction to Samsung doing so, and new G4 customer's reaction to keeping it. If LG's research says people yawn, it's gone. If people cheer and take advantage of those deals for an extra battery and SD card, it'll be back to keep the one thing no other phone has. If they get rid of the SD card, maybe the base config will be 64GB to keep a leg up.
Similar thing with the scanner. Some reviews say how can LG not have one, others don't get excited. It does seem like something they're going to have to add to keep up with Samsung.

Agreed. No one ever complains about having a removable battery and sd storage. They either love it, or at worst, don't care. Plenty of folks complain when a model dumps those features. Look at the S6 forums for example.

LG will keep those features because they still have to, even if it's just to gain advantage over Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888