LG G5 Module Wish/Want List

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that the 2 they displayed may not be the only ones that come out (Hopefully). I was wondering what other attachments would be possible/would you like to see.
My thoughts were:

*Physical keyboard/extra battery
*Gamepad/extra batter
*Fitness & Health/extra battery
- HR/Pulse monitor, Glucose meter (prbz not), Breathalyzer
*Increased, better mic/extra battery
- For interviews, school, etc., where you may not be as close as you'd like
- Maybe include a better speaker

I also hope that the attachments will be compatible with at least 1 future version of the phone.
What would you like to see/have?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking that the 2 they displayed may not be the only ones that come out (Hopefully). I was wondering what other attachments would be possible/would you like to see.
My thoughts were:

*Physical keyboard/extra battery
*Gamepad/extra batter
*Fitness & Health/extra battery
- HR/Pulse monitor, Glucose meter (prbz not), Breathalyzer
*Increased, better mic/extra battery
- For interviews, school, etc., where you may not be as close as you'd like
- Maybe include a better speaker

I also hope that the attachments will be compatible with at least 1 future version of the phone.
What would you like to see/have?
Expanded battery capacity (w/built-in wireless charging) and a gamepad would be the two that stand out for me. I'm interested in seeing if there is going to be third-party support for the modules.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Expanded battery capacity (w/built-in wireless charging) and a gamepad would be the two that stand out for me. I'm interested in seeing if there is going to be third-party support for the modules.

Yeah, wish they had partnered with more companies; Bose, Duracell, etc.

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm extremely glad they *did not* partner with the company Samsung trotted out in connection with their VR headsets. The last thing I would want from a smartphone is deep (basically hardware-level) integration with facebook..

:-$

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'd love a module that was just an extended battery, but doesn't add too much thickness. The camera module with the 1100 mAh extended battery is hideous.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
- Sennheiser, Bose and Audio Technica modules please
- an LED driven one please which light up the whole bottom could be a cool effect
- physical keyboard Priv style
- toolbelt like module (physical home back recent apps button while the home button can function as a trackpad)
- leather built one with the RL Polo Logo

enrico_rusli

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
- extra battery without adding much thickness
- wireless charging module
- dual front facing stereo speaker
- additional ufs storage
- additional RAM ( dunno if it's possible )

Posted via the Android Central App

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
+1 on keyboard attachment. I just got my Priv but Bla1ze over at CrackBerry has doubts about BlackBerry hardware's future, so I guess this is my next hope if I need to replace phones for whatever reason. I just absolutely cannot use touchscreen keyboards.

Mago27

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have an micro usb tv tuner for ISDB-T and DVB2 systems (2 in one, also works as SDR), and I'd like to have an expansion module with this and including also ATSC tuner plus more battery, antenna and a kickstand function.

Of course I like an keyboard module with larger battery too.

Other not exactly module, but would be nice LG to open these modules to the community and maybe thru 3D printing and Android IOIO add a bunch of possibilities for a hobbyist as it could be as head/brain of an robot.

There are also satellite data link system small enough to be integrated into a expansion module, which could allow to use it on remote expeditions, making it an do it all - have it all phone.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an micro usb tv tuner for ISDB-T and DVB2 systems (2 in one, also works as SDR), and I'd like to have an expansion module with this and including also ATSC tuner plus more battery, antenna and a kickstand function.

Other not exactly module, but would be nice LG to open these modules to the community and maybe thru 3D printing and Android IOIO add a bunch of possibilities for a hobbyist as it could be as head/brain of an robot.

There are also satellite data link system small enough to be integrated into a expansion module, which could allow to use it on remote expeditions, making it an do it all - have it all phone.

I like the kickstand idea. It can be a entertainment type pkg which includes a kickstand, front speaker and (of course) an extended battery.

pdrift

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking this myself as far as 3D printing modules. That sounds like a really good idea! It would be nice to know the pinout of the interface these modules use. Imagine a module with a full size usb built in.

Posted via the Android Central App