No App Drawer...

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I emailed LG regarding my displeasure with the removal of the app drawer and received a nice response back saying that decision is not final yet and that my feedback was taken into consideration and being forwarded to their development team. Certainly seemed sincere, and I hope it is true. I am suggesting that others who feel this way should email LG and let them know.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I believe it should be an option. I love the App Drawer but I understand why some people would want it to be removed. It's unfortunate that so many manufacturers seem to be drifting in that direction, however.

PaulieC83

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I've heard that there is an option to enable the app drawer on the G5. Anyone able to confirm?

Posted via the Android Central App

charleswlee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think it should be an option as well. Having said that, I use the Quickdrawer in Action Launcher 3 instead of the traditional App drawer.

cal777flyer

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that there is an option to enable the app drawer on the G5. Anyone able to confirm?

According to the email response I got from LG, at this time not unless you use the 'simple' desktop. However, LG said this was not a final decision at this time. I think we should all email LG with our opinions, they seem to care about what we have to say regarding this subject.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I like have Samsung on some models have the option to take away the app draw. My wife, for example, prefers no app draw. While I love it having an app draw. Choice is good! I hope they do bring back the option. If they did I'd be happy to use their stock launcher. If not I'm going 3rd party.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the uproar about the app drawer going. Yes, it should be an option whether you want it or not, but if it's not there and you want it all you need to do is download a launcher that has one and away you go. It will take minutes to solve the problem. That's the thing with Android - if its not how you want it, you can change it so that it IS to your liking.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the uproar about the app drawer going. Yes, it should be an option whether you want it or not, but if it's not there and you want it all you need to do is download a launcher that has one and away you go. It will take minutes to solve the problem. That's the thing with Android - if its not how you want it, you can change it so that it IS to your liking.

For me at least, I'm happy to use LG's UI so I'd prefer not to have to use a 3rd party launcher. But if they go ahead with the no app draw it wouldn't put me off the phone.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Haven't decided yet if I am getting the phone, but if I do and there is no app draw I already have a plan. Any apps I don't want on my screen I'm putting into one folder. Than I'm folder in the same spot I place my app draw icon in now. May not be the same but solves the problem.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If I really wanted to get the G5, lack of app drawer wouldn't bother me. I use stock Android (Moto/Nexus), and I still use Nova Launcher Prime. So I'd use Nova Launcher Prime on any device that isn't running stock Android too.

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From the CNET article LG G5 Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET
So I don't understand why LG buried the feature in a secondary (non-default) layout option called "EasyHome."(Hat tip to Techno Buffalo for pointing this out.)

EasyHome is tucked under Settings (to get there: Settings app > Display > Home screen > Select Home). While you get the app drawer back, EasyHome also enlarges the font size on your home screen (which you can't adjust) and gets rid of the dashboard, which is a row of up to five apps that you can choose to display on the bottom of your home page.

and there is also third-party launchers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance