I hope I'm not disappointed

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 08:57 AM
    Did you get any add-on? I personally don't like the design they're going for, but I am intrigued by how useful these modules will be in real life. I wasn't a huge fan of the G4 because of the back buttons, but since the G5 has done away with those, I might try it out (at least in a store hehe).
    03-24-2016 09:21 AM
    Don't expect anything, then you wont be disappointed lol.

I think it'll be great, should be faster than the G4, which to me is fast/fluid already.
    03-24-2016 09:32 AM
    You won't be, it's an excellent phone...all I'm saying...
    03-24-2016 10:52 AM
    I was going to sell my S7 edge and pick up the G5, but the G5's usage time is 16.75 hours versus the usage time on the S7 edge is 33 hours, according to Verizon's website. One charge on the S7 edge equals two full batteries on the G5.
    03-24-2016 11:01 AM
    You won't be, it's an excellent phone...all I'm saying...
    Based on...?
    03-24-2016 12:03 PM
    I was going to sell my S7 edge and pick up the G5, but the G5's usage time is 16.75 hours versus the usage time on the S7 edge is 33 hours, according to Verizon's website. One charge on the S7 edge equals two full batteries on the G5.
    I don't doubt ratings play a part, but I wouldn't believe them entirely. It will all depend on your usage and while the S7 Edge has been giving me amazing battery life (a bit better than the Note 5, which was already great), it's definitely not 33 hours (maybe on Airplane mode, I did survive a 15-hour flight in Airplane mode and about 8 hours of BT music and losing less than 15% of battery).
    03-24-2016 12:05 PM
    Based on...?
    Extensive hands on time.
    03-24-2016 12:08 PM
    Extensive hands on time.
    Can you elaborate more since you have had extensive hands on with the phone? The screen color gamut what is it like? would you say this is the best screen that LG has produced on a flagship device or does it take a step back. Samsung we know gets better every year with their screens can the same be said here.

What does the speaker sound like and how is Bluetooth does it drop when connected to the car? Does it produce that skipping anomaly that happens often with Bluetooth. Would you say that this device in person is actually nice looking and pictures can over exaggerate the bezel at the top of the phone it just looks awkward up there.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-24-2016 12:13 PM
    I don't doubt ratings play a part, but I wouldn't believe them entirely. It will all depend on your usage and while the S7 Edge has been giving me amazing battery life (a bit better than the Note 5, which was already great), it's definitely not 33 hours (maybe on Airplane mode, I did survive a 15-hour flight in Airplane mode and about 8 hours of BT music and losing less than 15% of battery).
    Yeah. Everyone's mileage may vary. It makes me leery, though, because if I do get the G5, I'll be using a Lifeproof case with it and I don't want to have to mess with that to replace the battery every day.
    03-24-2016 01:12 PM
    Good point. I doubt cases will be modular as well.
    03-24-2016 03:00 PM
    I just ordered the same. My G4 quit on me again last night. I'm gonna be so happy to be rid of that piece of crap
    03-24-2016 03:46 PM
    Can you elaborate more since you have had extensive hands on with the phone? The screen color gamut what is it like? would you say this is the best screen that LG has produced on a flagship device or does it take a step back. Samsung we know gets better every year with their screens can the same be said here.

What does the speaker sound like and how is Bluetooth does it drop when connected to the car? Does it produce that skipping anomaly that happens often with Bluetooth. Would you say that this device in person is actually nice looking and pictures can over exaggerate the bezel at the top of the phone it just looks awkward up there.
    IMHO yes this is the best screen that LG has ever done on a smart phone, the colors are more vibrant and saturated, it also seems to be a fair amount brighter than the screen that was on the G4. I can't speak on the Bluetooth in the car, but Bluetooth using stereo headsets has been flawless. I would say that the speaker is adequate, truthfully most phone speakers are not all that great unless you've got stereo and a front facing configuration. As far as looks go, I think that the vast majority of people will be pleasantly surprised, it's a much more appealing phone in person, just about all of the photos I've seen online really don't do it justice.
    nokia4life likes this.
    03-25-2016 07:11 AM
    IMHO yes this is the best screen that LG has ever done on a smart phone, the colors are more vibrant and saturated, it also seems to be a fair amount brighter than the screen that was on the G4. I can't speak on the Bluetooth in the car, but Bluetooth using stereo headsets has been flawless. I would say that the speaker is adequate, truthfully most phone speakers are not all that great unless you've got stereo and a front facing configuration. As far as looks go, I think that the vast majority of people will be pleasantly surprised, it's a much more appealing phone in person, just about all of the photos I've seen online really don't do it justice.
    Thanks Just what I needed to hear I will be getting the titanium version.
    03-25-2016 01:12 PM
    Honestly I think I'm going to like the phone. Do wish the screen was 5.5 and i hope LG and ATT do a better job updating the device. My V10 not feeling the love

03-25-2016 05:27 PM
    I just checked my order and my phone is to ship the 29th 30th. But my SIM is on back order WTF

03-28-2016 02:24 PM
    I just checked my order and my phone is to ship the 29th 30th. But my SIM is on back order WTF

If you're staying with the same carrier just put the SIM from your V10 in the G5, they both use nano SIMS
    03-28-2016 02:59 PM
    Yea This true on ATT

03-28-2016 03:08 PM